Much like a Doll

Much like a Doll

A Story by Daydreaming

I'll continue doing as I always do, lying.
You constantly think that I'm a good person, but you never seem to think about what I really am.
All you see is my outer image. In reality, however, I am a much darker person. You seem to think that I laugh at your jokes and have this nice aura around me, but in reality, all I do is laugh at you. 
This smile of mine, cruelly deceiving isn't it? So welcoming and warm, so inviting and carefree. It's quite an easy emotion to display really. All I have to do is say a few things, look right at you, and you'll smile. You'll laugh with me, I know it.
You who is so easy to control, and the world who is so easily deceived by my counts of continued plagiarism towards the act of these things called, "Feelings."
Allow me to smile for you more, just know my thoughts of you are something completely different.  
I'm not the kind person you wish me to be, I am only here to do the things I wish, and make you think I'm here for you. 
Lets continue this farce.

© 2016 Daydreaming


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I LOVE the mocking tone of this entire entry. While there is the deeper question that it brings about of how much we can really know the people we interact with everyday, I love how the narrator is so confident of their ability to stay undetected. Hubris perhaps, but I enjoyed it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is good. Do we ever really know what others are thinking? The answer is no.
I would just say that I find your line 'You who is so easy to control, and the world who is so easily deceived by my counts of continued plagiarism towards the act of these things called, "Feelings."'
doesn't flow quite as well as the others. I think it should read 'you who are so easy' and 'the world that' and perhaps the final part 'my continual plagiarism of what people call 'feelings.' Just an idea!
Well done though!
Regards,Alan

Posted 7 Years Ago


Powerful and honest words and thoughts.
"I'm not the kind person you wish me to be, I am only here to do the things I wish, and make you think I'm here for you.
Lets continue this farce."
The above line. Raw and true. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 8 Years Ago


Very thought provoking. I like the comparison you've created between fake people and dolls. Makes me feel paranoid, like you never know who's who. great piece!

Posted 8 Years Ago


powerful. very powerful.........

Posted 8 Years Ago


It's scary when you think that you know someone, but you really don't. Does mockery come from the inner demon bragging about how he can manipulate a nice person making him think that he is important? Or is he manipulating both people making one wicked and making the other broken?

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2016
Last Updated on March 2, 2016

Author

Daydreaming
Daydreaming

New York City, NY



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Some Roses Some Roses

A Poem by MsJewel


Sad Love Sad Love

A Poem by PHFASCES