First Visit

First Visit

A Chapter by Daydreaming
"

Inside the heads of patients, as they walk through my door for the first time.

"
As I walk into this lonely office I can only assume that today is going to be like the rest of them. Lonely.

The office itself is somewhat... Depressing. The walls are painted a bland color, the room itself is encased in what seems to be an extremely cold layer of pain and suffering. No matter who walks through the doors no ones face seems to be happy. The patient table long, black with a lonely strip of paper to cover the top of the cold seat that awaits its patients. A pillow at one end, tools lay on the far side of it. We put them there so the patient can look away from the tools as it typically causes some kind of emotional distress to the patient.

I never understood why people had a fear of such things. They've never bothered me, be it needles or some other instrument.

Is it the sharpness of the tools? The fact the you know at some point we are going to have to use them in order to get inside of you? Truly it shouldn't matter weather you see it or not, because we are already in your head from the moment you wake up that morning.

You roll over and get out of bed, look at the time and the only thing you know so far is that you have a doctors appointment later today. That feeling deep inside of you chest knowing you have to come in and get a shot, give blood or surgery. Our tools never had to touch you, but when they do... that's when the true face of fear comes out in people.

As you sit on the patients table and look over to me with a worrisome look on your face, I can only imagine whats running through your head.
Are you thinking of how shard this tool is? Maybe you are wondering if its been used on someone else? (which it hasn't, its very clean and ready to do its job... just for you.)
Ahh, how smooth this tool is, precisely made, just for you. From the tip of the blade all the way down to its smooth handle finish. Ready to slice away anything that I glide across. I move closer and closer to your skin, I can see the fear rising in your body. You clench your hands, tightening your grip as the surgical blade comes in contact with our skin. It's chilling sharpness makes you jump at first, but I reassure you everything will be OK, but inside of my head all I'm thinking is, "Everything will be fine, as long as you don't move."

You apologize and continue to hide your face from the object that I hold. "Alright, one more time and well be out of here before you know it." You take a deep breath, and prepare yourself for the worst. You wonder what I could be doing, you've had your eyes closed for what seems like an eternity. But when you open them to see whats going on, I've already finished and am asking you to sign some paper work.

Fear is an amazing thing.




© 2015 Daydreaming


Author's Note

Daydreaming
I am extremely happy to announce that this piece is being published in the literary magazine, The larcenist coming December 15th 2015. Thanks everyone fore reading and supporting me thus far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was great! I have a fear of needles and doctors offices and anything to do with doctors in general. cx It made my gut wrench when you started describing the scaple.. I am in awe of how well you write.. You are very advanced for a beginner if I say so myself lol. Just keep writing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreaming

8 Years Ago

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. And I seem to be writing about 20 times more than I ever have e.. read more



Reviews

You do a great job cultivating anxiety from the first word all the way until paperwork! Congrats on getting published in a literary magazine! That is awesome! Keep writing!

I found an error! You use the word weather but that means aeromancy or weather men. You want whether. :) Also, you have are you thinking of how shard this tool is but I think you mean how sharp.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Daydreaming

8 Years Ago

Thanks, i was pretty excited to know about that as well.

Also, this version was uned.. read more
Zyle Christian William Cook

8 Years Ago

That's what I figured. Congratulations again!!
That was great! I have a fear of needles and doctors offices and anything to do with doctors in general. cx It made my gut wrench when you started describing the scaple.. I am in awe of how well you write.. You are very advanced for a beginner if I say so myself lol. Just keep writing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreaming

8 Years Ago

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. And I seem to be writing about 20 times more than I ever have e.. read more
So when do you start writing Novels? that was mind blowing. I'm lost for words

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreaming

8 Years Ago

Was it good?? That makes me so happy! I've never really written anything and I thought about giving .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2015
Last Updated on December 8, 2015
Tags: Life, work, jobs, world


Author

Daydreaming
Daydreaming

New York City, NY



Writing