Last Visit

Last Visit

A Chapter by Daydreaming

I.. feel.. strange.
"Why are these lights so bright." I pondered to myself as I lay looking strait up.

I wonder to myself, "Whats going on, this isn't were I was a few moments ago..." I could faintly hear voices of people.
It seemed like they were all in a panic for some reason. I couldn't quite make out what they were saying, but I knew they were in a hurry.

All of the sudden every motion I was feeling all came to a halt. Then, an extreme rush of light burst down at the end of my feet. I attempted to look down toward it, however I came to realize that I was strapped down on... a gurney?

I begin to panic, I can't move my legs. I strain my arms pulling and pushing trying to free myself while I become lost in the confusion of where I am. But suddenly, its painful. My chest felt, warm. I couldn't breath. Forcefully I tried to yell, thrashing my body from side to side. But there were no words that came out. Only a warm taste, thick and flavored with fear. I could see the color, as I've spit some of it out as it landed on my arm while I thrash about.

"What a beautiful color of red you are." I thought to myself, as time seemed to freeze.
It was a color I haven't seen much of, I couldn't say for how dark it is or how light it was. It was the perfect mix of both, but this color had a feel of sadness to it. It was almost like a beautiful red rose at first bloom. Pedal set tight, holding firm to its stem. Blooming beautifully for the person who's set their gaze upon it. And as this liquid began to slide slowly down my arm, it began.. to sadden. Much like the rose, it began to wilt. Dripping off of my arm like that of a pedal, fading into age.

Just as a rose fades into dust, so did my consciousness.

Shot three times as a bystander in a robbery. I was going to get my nephew a present for his birthday.

I never did give him a present.


© 2015 Daydreaming


Author's Note

Daydreaming
I wanted to try writing a book compiled of short stories, if you can call them that. Each chapter will show improvement. Let me know what you think! I'd appreciate it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are many grammatical errors. The most of them are related to the tense (the verb forms) and they can be resolved by sticking to the same tense throughout. Keep writing and keep improving!

Posted 8 Years Ago


i think this is....................... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really think you should have these short stories published. this is so damn amazing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreaming

8 Years Ago

It really makes me excited when you say that, however I did start a book I'll keep these in. But Can.. read more
PHFASCES

8 Years Ago

The style, the tone and the word play and how you kept me trying to figure out how the character got.. read more
Daydreaming

8 Years Ago

I see, well that makes me happy to see that you enjoyed the piece so much. ^.^ I'll keep writing and.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2015
Last Updated on November 12, 2015
Tags: Fear, Office, Doctor, Happy, Sad, Horror, Insanity, Sanity


Author

Daydreaming
Daydreaming

New York City, NY



Writing