A Best Friend to Be

A Best Friend to Be

A Story by Daydreaming
"

Feelings for your best friend happens often, but why not take it a step further?

"
As we lay upon this field of grass in the middle of the park, hands touching slightly while we gaze up at the clouds as they carelessly drift without direction. I simply think to  myself, there isn't a single person in the world who I would rather share moments like this with, besides you.

You do things that change the atmosphere. When you smile, other people cant help but do the same. Your laugh doesn't just create joy, but it gives others joy to spread throughout their day. Your always telling me that you don't like how long your hair is, but I always disagree. I love how long it is, how it glistens so brightly when the sun lays on it. When the wind hits your shoulders and you spin around to ensure every part of you feels it, I can't help myself. I want to pull you close, I want to softly steal your lips from the world. I want to run my fingers slowly down the sides of your arms, while you lay on my chest in the middle of this field.

I know we are just friends, and that's alright. Being by your side is better than not being with you at all. I'll be there when the times get hard, I'll be there when its time to get frisky. I'll share all of those days with you, after all we are best friends.

We still see other people now and then, but there isn't a single person who I would prefer to wake up next to then you. One day, when times are hard enough and we can't do it alone anymore. I'll propose an insane idea, the one we've always talked about.

"Let's get married."

You'll laugh and I'll laugh, but when the laughter stops. I'll move in closer, tell you I'll always be there for you. Ill rub my hand through your hair to the back of your head, foreheads touching. I'll take your lips once more, and this time the kiss is more... electric.

You'll look at me, and I wont laugh. I'll be serious, ring in hand.

I still love you, and I'll be there for you when the time is right. Hopefully.

© 2015 Daydreaming


Author's Note

Daydreaming
Something that's happening now, sometimes I just feel like its a good idea to share it. She doesn't know I write on this, or at all. But she is more than inspiration, but I won't let her know.

That said, I just wanted to write. :3 This probably doesn't sound good lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should continue with this idea. Give us the situation where it happens. Give us the moment when the skies darken, and you're the only one there for her. Write about that. I've always found that writing about the most electric of experiences often beats writing about the instances where you want to do something.

Let it flow, man. And imagine that time and place, and let the words come out as they will. You'll find you can create something amazing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Daydreaming, congratulations on placing in the short story contest. Your story is honest, light and fun. you capture the strong feelings that bring two people together. Good Job, Richie

Posted 8 Years Ago


The fact that this is true really makes it for me. I thought it was a nice dreamy take on friends becoming lovers. I hope you can show her this one day when the time is right. I think she'd like it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2015
Last Updated on December 4, 2015
Tags: Love, Beautiful, Women, Men, Feelings, Thoughts, Poem, Short Story

Author

Daydreaming
Daydreaming

New York City, NY



Writing