The Medicine Of Pain

The Medicine Of Pain

A Poem by PetiteGemini
"

This is to describe addiction and how it usually ends, which is sadly with the warm blanket that death brings to you.

"
One pill to drown out the pain. Another pill to keep you sane. One drink to drown out the fight. Another one to forget the night. One hit to forget your thoughts. Pass it around and forget your loss. All these are what keeps us sane. They help us forget the pain. Down and out, you drown yourself in the sorrows and pain that we don't want to feel, so pick up the bottle with a couple of pills and hope that they'll take you away from this walking nightmare that we came into. Trying to live can be way too hard; you want to end it all, then you stop and realize that there's even easier methods than the easy way out. You pick up the joint, a bottle of Jack, pop a couple of Xanie's, and there's no going back. You do this everyday until you can't feel anymore; the pain in your chest has stopped and you're numb to the world. Your smile is fake, your feet are dragging, your eyes are blank, there's no reason for living. You keep up this madness until there's a stop to it all; just a little too much alcohol and one too many pills. Your heart stops and you smile as you feel the bliss of death swarm over you like a soft, giant, black blanket, which you welcome with open arms. 

© 2015 PetiteGemini


Author's Note

PetiteGemini
Only true, helpful comments, please

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting write, that I enjoyed. Worth noting one can be addicted to non-substances too..

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Added on December 11, 2015
Last Updated on December 13, 2015

Author

PetiteGemini
PetiteGemini

No one's business , MI



Writing
Journal Journal

A Poem by PetiteGemini