I need me

I need me

A Poem by Deema Jabr

It's not about how I feel anymore; it's about if I can live with it, live through it for the millionth time.
I need change.
I need a new book not a new chapter.
I need a new place, not new people.
I need reasons that will keep my chin up, not excuses that will close the door temporarily keeping away my problems.

I don't want to see myself falling apart and just watch with my hands tied behind my back.
I'm sick of worrying if I will ever be good enough, when deep down I know I have the power to be - not only a star , but a person with a name that will remain behind her and a mark that will stain. It will stain like blood, and never leave.

So, why? Why do I choose to be comfortable and avoid the pain?
Pain is good. Pain will drive me crazy! Maybe crazy enough to want to succeed.

I want to talk me. It's been a while, since I confronted me. I think she's pissed. But I can't make up her expressions anymore. Now I just realised how long it's been since I have genuinely looked into her eyes. Her eyes can tell a story. Haha, wow. It's been that long. "I won't leave me", I whispered to my weak self. Not anymore 'cause you see I want that part of me. I want it to see what it's capable of.


I need me.

© 2015 Deema Jabr


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Leo
Keep writing and writing and eventually writing will be your catharsis. Writing will eventually give you wings that will make you fly to places you've never been before..afterall what's more beautiful than a brain map that takes you on rollercoasters..but to make these rollercoasters not mere emotional tragic ones, first you need to master yourself. Again write and write!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Added on July 12, 2015
Last Updated on July 12, 2015
Tags: Reflections, self-worth, a new start

Author

Deema Jabr
Deema Jabr

Amman, Jordan