The Freak's Manifesto

The Freak's Manifesto

A Poem by Absentee Reality Check
"

It's a poetic rant of sorts, based off of reality but the format is inspired by the hacker's manifesto. hence the title.

"

 

“Freak!” he yelled as he threw me to the ground.
 
That’s all I am just one more freak ,obscured by the twisted tear tracks through mascara, one more freak defiant and alive.
 One more freak, just learning how to survive
In this crazy world where no one is normal and everyone’s a freak,
and I’m just one more freak walking alone in a infinite parade of punks
Sitting sober in a world full of drunks,
 And junkies high on power and normalcy.
 
“Freak!” she screamed as she saw us together.
 
A freak who wanders off the path paved with the problems of the past
And looks to the future without a pair of rose tinted sunglasses perched upon a presuming proboscis .
My eyes may be green but at least they’re not filled with envy and dollar signs
Avarice and gold
 But when it’s late at night and I hike on home
I have no one for me to hold
Because I’m a freak, and we’re all alike
In societies vision and all different among ourselves, all different and all alone.
But cut us and we all bleed the same soiled scarlet , we all cry the same stinging salt water tears, we all bleed and cry
 But why, oh why are we all still so different from you?
Why is unique bad?
 and what is so unique about the pain we all carry inside?
What is so unique about lost hope and broken pride?
 
“Freak!” they yell in unison ricocheting through the world
 
If we are all unique, all freaks
All the same, then we will never die and our messages dissonant as they are , because we all are different to ourselves, will live in to pollute a whole new stream of a generation and every generation after will have us hidden like a mutation of dna just waiting to erupt, because in truth we are not freaks and you are not normal, there is no normal, just the majority and minority who look in a mirror and see each other and that haunts their nightmares, why? Because we look different on the outside, but all of our veins pulse with the same color blood and our hearts all beat the same , if you are afraid of us, all you truly fear is yourself.
 
“F**k you” we snarl back

© 2008 Absentee Reality Check


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good piece. We really are just all freaks and I liked your description of the different characters. Especially the envy and dollar signs. Really well done, you can hear the rant and the anger in this piece, well done with the expression.

However, in this type of poem that verges on prose. You have to be careful with your grammar and punctuation. Where you already use punctuation, it doesn't look right or sound right when you don't put grammar in all the places it belongs and instead just certain places. It throws off the pattern and distracts the reader from the content of the piece. Also, be cautious of your spacing before and after punctuation. When following a word, the comma/periods don't need a space, they come directly after the word. And you only did it once in the second line, but commas need a space after them and before the preceding word. Oh and in your dialogue, your last line, a punctuation mark needs to come before the ending quotation. A comma, period or exclamation mark would fit great.

Other than that, I really enjoyed reading this piece. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm beginning to think you're my new favorite writer. Hahah but seriously, your insights are incredible. I LOVE the venom seeping and snarling through the words of this. I love the lack of normalcy, and I agree with that. I agree with all of this. If I create a favorites folder, you can expect to dominate it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my Gosh....Amazing. Every line is perfect, true, and so on point. You hit the target of the problem with a nasty punch. I love it, 100.

Posted 12 Years Ago


powerful words and a good message

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good piece. We really are just all freaks and I liked your description of the different characters. Especially the envy and dollar signs. Really well done, you can hear the rant and the anger in this piece, well done with the expression.

However, in this type of poem that verges on prose. You have to be careful with your grammar and punctuation. Where you already use punctuation, it doesn't look right or sound right when you don't put grammar in all the places it belongs and instead just certain places. It throws off the pattern and distracts the reader from the content of the piece. Also, be cautious of your spacing before and after punctuation. When following a word, the comma/periods don't need a space, they come directly after the word. And you only did it once in the second line, but commas need a space after them and before the preceding word. Oh and in your dialogue, your last line, a punctuation mark needs to come before the ending quotation. A comma, period or exclamation mark would fit great.

Other than that, I really enjoyed reading this piece. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this, especially the form of how it is set out with the seperate lines for "freak..."

Posted 14 Years Ago


This amazing! I really enjoyed the way it was disconnected but jointed at the same time. Not to mention the content which was awesome. And hey, I'm glad we're freaks together.

Posted 14 Years Ago


So powerful....makes me want to just jump up and start a fight with all people who think they're better!

Loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
Lots of depth in here.....a philosophical wanna read!!

Thank you for joining the contest.

x,
O!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love it! It's not a winge about being bullied or verbally attacked for being different it's a 'f**k you!' i wish all young gay people had that mentality. It's tough sometimes but we are fighting back with much greater strength. Empowering write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


nice. I have a philosophy: everyone is unique/special in their own way. But in that difference, we are all the same because we are all different. If everyone is their own person, doesn't that make us all people?

Just some food for thought. Your piece reminded me of this philosophy.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1058 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on June 17, 2008

Author

Absentee Reality Check
Absentee Reality Check

VA



About
MyMottos- how i live my life " The Bible Contains six admonismanet to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonisments to heterosexuals.That dosen't mean God dosen't love heterosexuals, he ju.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..