The Longest Wait

The Longest Wait

A Poem by Amplefyre
"

A short poem.

"
My heart beats out loud, it is here;
No longer am I, content to live in fear.

Eyes filled with joy, holding a single tear;
Waiting for whom, that I hold dear.

My breath, now no longer timid;
Awaits for a time, where we can be vivid.

Time is my prison, yet you are my muse;
All will come together, after my long wait for you.

© 2011 Amplefyre


Author's Note

Amplefyre
It's my first poem. I'm not sure if I'm going to work a lot with poems, but if I get inspiration from somewhere, I might write a few now and again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The thing I liked the most in the poem is the rhyming scheme. Also the fact that such few lines explain so much.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's short but it doesn't feel it, I love that you used grammar and it always makes me happy to see writers who are taking care to spell things properly and use the right words. I will be looking forward to future pieces!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like it. it's very good. if you like to write poems that rhyme, then write more. if you like poems that don't and you have inspiration, then do that. that's all i can say. i loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2011
Last Updated on December 14, 2011

Author

Amplefyre
Amplefyre

Morgan Hill, CA



About
I'm a beginner when it comes to writing, though I eventually would like try and get my works published. My current project is a dark fantasy which utilizes many classic elements of fantasy, such as el.. more..

Writing