Mother and the Birds

Mother and the Birds

A Story by Demauscian

Mother went missing again today. As usual, papa and I found her at Central Park, twirling with the birds.

She spun on her feet, face and arms toward the sky, as if in praise. A flock of birds swarmed around her. The dress and scarf flailing beside her, fanning out as a beacon, and attracting the birds, I assume. It was an awe-inspiring sight for any onlooker anyway.

Masses of people circled her, standing all amazed at the sight. I pushed my way through, papa close behind. He was sad, and did not speak, quietly watching mother.

I approached her, birds darting to advert me but still stay as near her as possible. She did not notice my presence, remaining blissfully content. I placed my hand on her shoulder; she stops and looks down, then the recognition sparked and she hugged me.

“Did you see them? Did you see them?” she cried.

“Yes mother, I did,” I didn’t think she meant the birds.

She looked up again, at the birds--no past the birds--to something unseen.

© 2010 Demauscian


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on September 8, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010

Author

Demauscian
Demauscian

Provo, UT



About
Hello, I am hoping to receive some GOOD responses. I would ask you to please leave a comment if you read any of my writing, tell me how I did, tell me how I can do better. I came here primarily be.. more..

Writing