A Slayer's Duty

A Slayer's Duty

A Story by Nyssa Nyx
"

Jeneva has a bone to pick with a man that betrayed her organization. What happens when she finally meets him again?

"

Half the names on the list had already been crossed off. Jeneva sighed, what was she going to do with her partner? They had promised to carry out the deed together, and here he is running off without her. Just like always. She peered around at the dull city surrounding her. It was filled with buildings that were much taller than seemed necessary, technology that was slowly destroying the world, and people. Foolish, greedy people she would never come to understand.

She ripped a sickle from her belt, leaping off the window ledge. Her auburn hair fluttered behind her, and her honey eyes scanned for a wire to latch onto. She spotted one below her, and pulled her body weight as far left as she could to latch onto it. The sickle, still with a case on its blade, allowed her to zip-line down the wire and arrive at her destination much quicker than by walking. Her hands, gloved in brown, shook her weapon loose of the wire, and she dropped. Dropped down into the city below her.

A flag pole stuck out from a nearby corporation, and she pushed off of it with her foot. Finally, she had arrived, arrived on the balcony of Antony's apartment. She landed easily, gracefully even, on the bars separating the balcony from imminent death. She hopped off, eager anger seething through her body. She was enraged, oh yes. She had a bone to pick with the vampire hunter. He had taken her organization for granted, stabbed them in the back as if they were the beings he hunted, and they would not stand for that. It was up to Jeneva and her partner, ultramarine emo haired and low, near-black eyed Irvine, to take care of that nuisance.

She straightened her midriff top and hoisted up her pants, latched on to the center of her belt and the sides laying over her thighs, revealing more leg than her partner was comfortable with. She was surprised to find the window was open, despite Antony's paranoia. Then again, it was the middle of the day. She casually strolled inside to find a large metal hammer swinging down from the ceiling in her direction. Dodging with ease, she swiftly jumped towards the opposite end of the room. However, she was not prepared for the rain of arrows that suddenly flew at her from behind a table, and one ended up in her right shoulder. She cursed internally, ripping the arrow from her body and snapping it in half. Then, she heard snickering.

"Nice to see you again, Jeneva." said Antony, brown eyes scanning her up and down.

"Whatever." She scoffed.

"Oh? Not so thrilled about seeing your ex-lover?" He flipped his brown hair teasingly.

"We never made love." She shot him a vicious glare. "Besides, when does anyone want to see you?"

Antony just laughed, approaching her with a cocky step, adorned in a black, form-fitting outfit. "Anyways, what are you here for?"

Jeneva spat at him, "To kill you. What do you think?"

He chuckled, smirking, "Oh? And for what reason?"

"For betraying us." She rolled her eyes, "You completely disregarded your orders for the Mordecai case. Why did you join the clan if you had no plans to follow orders?"

"For the training." He replied, earnestly. "Your clan's way of doing is completely idiotic. I got sick of it. I wanted to slay the bloodsucking scum of the earth, not go on petty recon missions." He turned to take his leave.

Jeneva shook her head, annoyed, "You were a bottom-class slayer. Of course they weren't going to send you on slaying missions."

"But!" He whipped his head back to her, "I showed them my talent. I was plenty capable of going on such missions." They both hesitated, "You agreed with me, at the time."

"I was young and I was daft."

"You were attracted to a man that knew that the clan was wrong." He snapped back. Jeneva just averted her eyes. Yes, there had been times that she didn't agree to the clan's agenda, but she was loyal to them no less. Following their orders was the only life she'd ever known. "I guess I shouldn't blame you." He broke the silence. "After all, you were born into that clan. Your family bloodline has been in that clan for too many generations for you to back out now, correct?"

"No-"

"Yes." He smiled. "You know I'm right, you just don't want to admit it."

"Like hell you're right. I follow my heart, and my heart is with the clan."

"...Is that so?" Antony took a moment to think, then pulled and knife from his thigh pocket, "I don't believe you, however, if you have to kill me so badly, I refuse to simply lay down and die like you must expect." He lunged at her, and she ducked down, sliding onto the floor as Antony hit the wall. He had stopped himself with his foot, then back-flipped off the wall so Jeneva could not escape. Antony just waved his knife in front of her, tauntingly. She gritted her teeth, grasped her second sickle into her free hand and ran towards him. She popped their cases off and attacked him with all her might. He dodged three of her swipes, then took one of his own. Jeneva put her blades together and stopped his, attempting to parry him off, but failing. "Ah, despite the fact you're a quality hunter, you are just as weak as you've always been."

"Shut up." She growled, sweat beading on her forehead. “I expected no less of you.”

“Ah.” He shook a finger at her, now holding her off with one arm, “But you did expect to be stronger than me, didn’t you?” He chuckled at the glare he received, “However, it looks like you underestimated me. Just like old times.”

Jeneva leapt back, seething. “...Shut up…” Was the only thing she managed to say.

“It’s a shame, really.” Antony sighed, “Even if I did betray the clan, I’m still in love with you. I thought that we could maybe talk things out. We could have set the world on fire...literally if you so desired. Ah, yes, we were so in love. How about we finish what we never started?”

Never!!” She charged towards him and unleashed a shower of deadly swipes. Antony parried most of them off, until she flipped one of the sickles over her hand and hurled it towards his eyes.


Outside, Irvine had landed on the balcony, expertly but not as gracefully as his beautiful partner. His black coat tails puffed out around him then settled, and he smooth the wrinkles of his deep gray, double-breasted coat. She had been gone for a decent while, even though he had tried to strike most of the people off the list for her, and the clan sent him to bring her back. It was a shame, too. Irvine tried to be so nice to her and yet she was still in love with that a*****e Antony….

He pushed open the window, slightly ajar, to find the list of traitors at his feet, soaked in blood streaming from Jeneva, brutally lacerated by her own custom-made sickles.


© 2015 Nyssa Nyx


Author's Note

Nyssa Nyx
Submitted for the "Nanowrimo prep" contest hosted by Evilqueen :)

Omg, I thought I had until the 31st to work on this, so it's only 1200 words, I'm so sorry D:

I hope you enjoyed it anyways ^_^/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on October 30, 2015
Last Updated on October 30, 2015
Tags: vampire hunters, betrayal, clan wars, fighting

Author

Nyssa Nyx
Nyssa Nyx

About
Writer of random crap that comes to my head. Currently affected by Writer's Bleck. All art posted on this account is my own~ --Eternally in writer's block Hell --Slowly coming back maybe .. more..

Writing