Dear Pope Benedict XVI

Dear Pope Benedict XVI

A Story by Succubi
"

In Africa, Pope Benedict XVI preached that 'condoms will not solve the HIV problem, it will only worsen it' in attempts to preach Absistence. This is my grievence.

"

Dear Pope Benedict XVI,

 

     In regards to your recent visit in Africa I must express my grievance to the advice you have given to its people. Currently, there are over 22 million people in Africa who are infected with HIV, accounting for two-thirds of the world's population. In response to this epidemic, and with your attempts to "heal its painful wounds", you have decided to preach to millions of souls that condoms will not help their HIV problem, and that instead it will worsen it. Let me spare a little bit of my opinion.

    It is indeed true that sexual abstinence until marriage may be the best solution to avoid any complications involving sex including STDs (Herpes, Syphillis, Genital Warts), HIV, and unwanted pregnancy. But, lets the face the music; we are all human, sexual creatures by nature, and by nature's bidding, as natural animals, we breed whether if we are bounded by lawful instituitons of marriage or not.

    The next second best solution is being protected, condoms offer this protection, and about 99.9% percent of the time (provided that they don't break) they are effective in preventing HIV, other STDs, and unwanted pregnancy. I am shocked and appalled that you would preach such a lie! Remember what one of ten commandments said 'thou shalt not lie.' If you say that condoms will only make the HIV epidemic worse, then you are either a liar in general, an idiot, or completely wrapped in your idiocracy of religion that is in need of a serious update.

     What you have done Pope Benedict XVI, may eventually cause the HIV epidemic to progress even more rapidly. In the real world, not in your spiritual delusions, people succumb to temptation, pre-marital sex is a common part of life, and regardless people will keep on having sex whether if they are married or not no matter what you tell them. But, if they know they can be protected, THEY WILL PROTECT THEMSELVES (if they can afford it--condoms are expensive), but they will not stop breeding. This doesn't only go for Africa, but for anywhere in world.

     From personal expierence, condoms have done me well. They have saved me from disterous consequences that could have came from situations I could not simply avoid. I hope you take my grievance into serious consideration, and rethink your preaching, because you may just do some damage that you may never be able to heal.

 

                          Sincerely,

                             Jennifer

      

© 2010 Succubi


Author's Note

Succubi
I appreciate your criticisms if you do provide some, but this essay has been posted with the purpose of igniting debate and opinion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
Added on January 17, 2010
Last Updated on January 17, 2010

Author

Succubi
Succubi

Portland



About
My name is Jennifer. I am fifteen years old and I am inspired to be a poet, novelist, songwriter. I play the electric guitar and hope to start a band one day with my music and lyrics. more..

Writing