1.

1.

A Chapter by DenaJoRachel

Hands shook, a deal was made, money exchanged. A brand new matte black Lykan Hypersport drove away from the docks. Drove behind the warehouse threw the back alley hitting a pothole. The back end of the car bounced up, a loud knock came from the inside of the trunk. Looking up in his rear view mirror, he shook his head and scowled. He turned up the music and continued to drive. Out onto the street, took a few turns before hitting the bridge and watched the sun set behind him as the night came alive in the city.

Lights sparkled, billboards animated, cars honked, and everything else disappeared into the background. The car pulled down into a garage and stopped. Into park, keys turned, the ignition shut off. A man in a suit stepped out, a bold eyebrow, dark smoldering look. He moved towards the back of the car, where the trunk opened wide. Long tan legs unfolded, and a blonde beauty emerged. The trunk slammed shut. He stood there quiet, disappointed. He let her walk around and stretch her legs, then finally he spoke.

“I thought you were in Rome.”

She slowed, avoided eye contact, and wistfully spoke. “Yeah”

“So why am I buying a three and a half million-dollar car from Germany with you in the trunk?”

“You don’t need to know.”

His voice, raised in frustration, exclaimed, “You’re the one that called me.”

In proportionate response she declared, “You’re the only one that knows how to drive.”

They glared at each other from their fixed positions. Then the garage echoed in silence as she started to pace back and forth. He shook his head before turning his back and walking to the open driver side door.

“You want to be on your own then fine. Goodbye Ash.”

He got back in the car and drove away. And Ashley Wilson walked off in the opposite direction disappearing into the night.



© 2019 DenaJoRachel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on February 5, 2019
Last Updated on February 5, 2019