The duel

The duel

A Poem by Abd-afeez
"

A poet and a wizard on a conquest. What will it be like?

"
A wizard challenged a poet to a duel, he who make her cry wins the duel,
.................the poet lift his great weapon, his golden pen implied, he scribbled some lines on the paper, he backed it up with a wager, ...........and then the wizard starts his own part, enchantment part from his mouth, his magic stick move around, now he bring forth his wager, .............such magic couldn't get her, she herself got her own charm, and so the wizard lost his wager, and she moved on to the poet verses. ............those verses were well written, she read it so soberly, she finished with such low sob, and the poet wins the duel.

© 2009 Abd-afeez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

And little did both contestants know that the true winner was her sob. An ejoyable read, definately different.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A nice little story but are not all poets magicians conjuring beauty from ugliness

Posted 15 Years Ago


Not sure I understood! but any who with our pens as poets together we can accomplish so much agree or disagree it's up to you.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2009

Author

Abd-afeez
Abd-afeez

Ibadan, Nigeria



About
Am just so creative and prolific. Am from south western nigeria. And am currently studying biochemistry. i really love the science world. Here you see a piece of ink on paper and on it you see result .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..