Confession (Part 1)

Confession (Part 1)

A Poem by Derek Barnes
"

I open up about my faith and battle with depression. I don't want a dispute over beliefs. I just want to share a piece of material that's personal.

"
Just want to share with you all an open confession/ for so many years I've dealt with depression/ I've wrestled with suicidal thoughts and even had those tendencies/ is this to real for you to hear, oh please/ if I can't be honest in church then by all means tell me where I can be/ but, let me drop the negativity and get to the power of a testimony/ I've had points in my life where I treated God like he didn't matter/ ran for peace in so many directions, but it was always him that I was after/ I thought maybe I should change myself for the world to be more accepted/ and the more I tried I steadily realized that I wasn't anything the world's eyes/ it was only God that could see that there was any value within me/ so much that he sent his only son to Calvary/ to forgive me of the sins that I still struggle with or give into willingly/ it's a daily battle and unfortunately I don't always get the victory/ that's only because sometimes I tend to rely on the strength I have within me/ then I learned how to fight back properly and that's when I let God throw the punches for me/ I've never seen a situation that was more massive than the God I serve/ if you state otherwise you must have forgotten that he created this entire universe/ and even though I've stated all of this don't think the depression is entirely destroyed/ it's still there cause I still try to let other things fill the void/ so don't think I'm perfect for a moment just because I say I'm a Christian/ I've been led astray so many times and I've walked away from pursuing God's vision/ this has led me to drastic scenarios that I never wanted to be involved in/ and that's when I tended to find my way back to him again/ now, here I am and I refuse to let the devil get his grip back onto me/ I won't fall victim to the way he wants me to go/ so whenever I'm gone you best believe it wasn't of an accord of my own/ it was because God said it was time for me come home/ this is just me being fully honest, it may have sounded like a therapy session/ but, all you'll ever hear from me is the truth in my confessions...

© 2017 Derek Barnes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good one. You have more faith in confessions.

Good luck for you. These lines are related to god.... Thanks

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 22, 2017
Last Updated on August 22, 2017

Author

Derek Barnes
Derek Barnes

Iuka, MS



About
Writing poetry is my passion. Hope to meet others who share this passion. more..

Writing