Confession (Part 2)

Confession (Part 2)

A Poem by Derek Barnes
"

A continuation of this series of poems called "Confession".

"
Everyday turns out to be a tug of war for my soul/ God wants the best for me, but I still fight for control/ the devil convinces me to follow a path that doesn't appear as destruction/ and I fall victim to a vision that doesn't show me all the corruption/ I've done been down this path before, yet I always find my way back/ it's a battlefield in my mind and the enemy is always on the attack/ my defense runs to my rescue whether I'm acknowledging him or not/ reminding me that things would go better if I'd just let him call the shots/ yeah, I'm exposing myself as the imperfect Christian that I am/ if I ever fully quit on him, no way, I'll be eternally damned/ i refuse to hear him say depart from me, I never knew you/ so Lord please remember me even when I fail cause I love you too/ this relationship isn't flawless, but Lord I know that you are/ so I beg you please draw me back to you whenever I begin to stray too far/ I know I've given up on you, but you never quit on me/ because you've had a plan for me even before my beginning/ so take this heart and life of mine and paint a beautiful picture with it/ don't let depression destroy a work of art before you've finished it..

© 2017 Derek Barnes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on August 22, 2017
Last Updated on August 22, 2017
Tags: Depression, worth, God, overcome

Author

Derek Barnes
Derek Barnes

Iuka, MS



About
Writing poetry is my passion. Hope to meet others who share this passion. more..

Writing