Love Story

Love Story

A Poem by Derek Barnes
"

Sequel to Love of Mine.

"
If only I could control the flow of time/ then I'd slow it down for us tonight/ cause I swear I'm in Heaven here in your atmosphere/ I finally see the blessing that I never thought would appear/ let's make a memory that we'll always want to recreate/ in the big picture of my life, you're the colors to help me decorate/ a portrait of all I ever wanted in this world/ a vision of true happiness that I've found in you girl/ so let's not let a moment of what we have go to waste/ speed of time varies so let's keep up with the pace/ worry from everything before will not drag us down/ we're hope for each other, the most precious thing to be found/ oh, our love story has many more chapters to be written/ may our hearts echo so loud the world stops to listen..

© 2017 Derek Barnes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"our love story has many more chapters to be written/ may our hearts echo so loud the world stops to listen" My favorite line and I love how it shows a continuation of the writing, well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


That's deep, keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Lovely write about love;-]

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2017
Last Updated on August 23, 2017

Author

Derek Barnes
Derek Barnes

Iuka, MS



About
Writing poetry is my passion. Hope to meet others who share this passion. more..

Writing