Lost in the jungle

Lost in the jungle

A Story by blueflame
"

It's about a boy who's in a comma

"
Ben Jumped and raised his hands up which were clutching a self made sword, his grip tightened on the handle as he descend hard on the beast,blood sprayed in his face as the blade pierced into the beast's neck. The beast writhed, kicked and mourned, Ben clenched his teeth,veins appeared on this neck,he thrust the bled and the beast let out a loud roar as the blade pierced through it's neck and into the ground. Ben heard roars and leaves rustling,the other beasts were closing in on him,reluctant to become their breakfast Ben pulled the blade out of the beast's neck,staring at the bloody blade he smiled, putting the sword on his back he stared in the direction were the roars where coming from he listened sufficient about the beasts direction he took off in a different route. He effortlessly cut through the trees panting,he looked over his shoulder with each roar the beasts made.

Seeing the beasts running in a wrong direction he slowed down a little, just when he thought he was safe , there it was the Alpha male with it's big teeth and big red eyes, it was coming in full speed,Ben cursed and ran, the beast was closing in on him fast, knowing that he could not out run it,he put his hands on his back and slow down,the beast jumped for the kill,Ben turned swiftly and pierced the beast's stomach. The beast went down hard it took Ben with it,clinging for dear life on the sword Ben closed his eyes as the beast began to roll uncontrollable .He was entwined to the beast like spaghetti on a fork,the beast hit a tree truck, both the beast and Ben were still as if they were dead .Ben lifted his head, like a zombie he pulled out his sword and staggered backwards, he lazily stared at the beast, a lazy smile painted on his face.

He staggered to the river, when he reached the river he sunk on his knees in exhaustion,his body was badly bruised, he stared at his reflection in the river, he looked like one of those horror movie monsters with his bloody face and an overgrown beard. Ben was certain that he was never getting out of this jungle and that he was the only human being in this place,he had spent the last two years trying to find his way home. He splashed his face with water when he removed his hands from his face he was a white girl in a blue dress standing on the other side of the river she had long blonde hair. Ben probed his head for injuries, was he going mad, he shook his head and dipped his head into the water, he removed it and rubbed his eyes the girl was still there .

Tired as he was Ben swam to the girl, when he reached the girl he just stared at her as if she was an Alien, "Hi" the girl spoke and thrust out her hand, Ben jumped back as if she had just pointed at him with a gun, with a shaky voice Ben retorted and reluctantly took her hand,she was real her hand was warm and soft. Driven by amazement ben touched her face,stretched her cheeks and her hair,"yes i'm real" said the girl, "my name is Chelsea Barns from Johannesburg South Africa, like you i'm also lost in this jungle, i have been lost for five years now". Ben had a built a shake for him and Chelsea,it was raining and cold so they had to huddle. Chelsea told Ben how she and her brother John mysteriously woke up in this jungle and that John some how had managed to find an escape route and how he was devoured by the beasts one morning when he was looking for food.

Ben held her tight when she broke into a series of sobs, he caressed her head till she fell asleep,Ben was waken by a kiss "it's time to go sleepy head" said Chelsea with a big smile on her face "go where" retorted Ben "home" said Chelsea, "this is home now can't you see". Chelsea kissed him and said "remember i told you that my brother managed to find an escape route before he was killed", Ben and Chelsea walked in listen, Ben stared at chelsea and smiled she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen,while he was still taking in her beauty, like lighting the beast appeared from no way and snatched chelsea away, she screamed his name, Ben cursed and ran after the beast,he pushed his body over the limit, he could feel knees burn, he hunched forward and increased his speed,Chelsea was still screaming his name, he finally caught up with the beast like a ninja he jumped on top of the beast's back. He aimed the blade at the beast's neck screaming "that's my woman go get yours", he thrust the blade into the beast's neck

the beast's fell down head first it skidded on the grass as if it were on snow, when it came to a spot. Ben jumped off the beast's back and rushed to Chelsea who was unconscious, he opened the beast's jaws and freed her,he then carried her and laid her under a tree shade. He put his hands on top of his head and prayed for a miracle,he heard Chelsea mourn "hi hero" she said. Ben carried Chelsea all the way to the escape route when they reached their destination Chelsea said "let's hope he was right" Ben heard a beeping sound and of someone crying, "can you hear that" he said to Chelsea "No" retorted Chelsea, with Chelsea still in his arms he walked in the direction where he the beeping sound and the crying person came from, with each step he took the sounds grow louder and louder till he came out of the jungle and stepped on a road Chelsea looked up at him and said "he was right", "yeah" Ben retorted tearfully. he put Chelsea down on the road, when he stared back into the jungle he caught a glimpse of an old woman looking around the trees like a first time prisoner, just when he was about to shout at her a great blinding light washed all over the place.

Miss Sibanda tearfully stared at her son Ben Sibanda who has been in a coma for two years, Ben was turning twenty two today. she held his motionless hand,and muffled a sob which was burning in her throat,her husband grabbed her by the shoulder and said "honey we have to pull the plug, we can't afford to keep him in here anymore, we are broke we have solid everything" Miss Sibanda put her hand on top of her husband's hand and said "ok i will do it" her husband gave her a node of approval, she got up and kissed her son of the lips "goodbye Benny" she said. Just as she was about to switch off the machine Ben woke up. Samantha Barns got a call from the hospital saying that her daughter Chelsea had woken up from the coma,Samantha was still mourning the death of her son John who died a few weeks ago,John just spotted breathing that is what the doctor said, John was in a coma with his sister Chelsea.

(One year later) Ben was walking down the street he heard someone scream his name the person sounded like Chelsea but it was impossible Chelsea was not real, Ben ignored the scream and he kept walking, but the scream grew louder and louder. when he turned to see who it was he was shocked to see Chelsea, Chelsea hugged him and said "i love you" , "me too" retorted Ben they both kissed and walked hand in hand down the road

THE END

© 2014 blueflame


Author's Note

blueflame
What do you think of the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

pretty good. your writing style is similar to mine.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
1 Review
Added on September 20, 2014
Last Updated on September 20, 2014
Tags: yes

Author

blueflame
blueflame

johannesburg, gautang, South Africa



About
Well I'm a self absorbed kind of a guy down to earth, love to tell stories, little bit shy, love to laugh and play fifa more..

Writing
Africa Africa

A Story by blueflame


Amanda Amanda

A Story by blueflame


Angelica Angelica

A Story by blueflame