Moonlit Nights

Moonlit Nights

A Chapter by Desert Dreamer
"

Inspired by a dream...

"
In the moonlight I saw the silhouette of the great saguaro, the night blooming Sacred Datura flower and Coyote sitting there with such a human looking face I started to wonder.
Moonlit nights are natural times for humans to be awake and wandering the earth, dancing and singing our sacred forgotten songs.
I looked upon the mountain stone and found an ancient petroglyph with ants and a spiral etched in stone, now glowing in the moonlight.
I entered the spiral and went into the moonlight, into the mountain, into the world of the Ant beings.
I listened to the Ant spirit who taught me again how to sing his song and to know the ancient name of the mountain.
I sang the songs brought by the ancient spirit being to the dreamers.
I sang the Ant song while Coyote sat beneath three crowned saguaros listening.
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                      



© 2011 Desert Dreamer


Author's Note

Desert Dreamer
Picture is one of my drawings.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your honorarium the second thing to witness, broke me down... I can't see the keyboards, for tears...In my Lakota given Medicine Wheel. Found through my Spirit guide Black Elk. I was led to be adopted by his Great Grandson Jacob Anderson in Spences Bridge BC. Where I still have my Native Family there in the midst of the Desert.
With the smell of the sage, and Earth.

Cactus sings and Coyotes. Howl in the night. In the bliss of Moonlight.

Worship.

We have a 1000 acre Ranch on the Reserve there. Anderson Farms is an Organic Market Garden. A part of my Elders vision that we brought in the world on the suggestion of his wisdom. The night he passed away. He took me into the Medicine Wheel. I went through all the Four Corners with him, as he went East... to climb his Mountain. An GO HOME>>>

To be with his Ancestors. The Ancient Ones. Spirit Wind Walkers...

One of his teachings was about his walk up that mountain. He got up every morning. To beat the drum of his heart. With the thanking the dawn. To tell me in the Alfalfa field in one of our walking talks. To say, "most people don't look where they walk. Me? I put one foot down, then the other...
We don't see that you have just kill a hundred Ants.
You never honour the crawlers, the many legg-eds...
The were not a living thing... to you!"

My first vision had in my life when I was eight years old, was about The Kingdom of Ants... The wrongness, of the History of War and Conquest...
On our Earth.

As love, conquers All...

In my Medicine Wheel... The South is the Totem of The Coyote. The Coyote, is a Trickster. With the laughing at us, he tests us and his tricky ways. Are always in the end, and given thought. Are for our Gratification.
To know, your Creator...

Desert Dreamer. I need not write or use, your dream. Your Dreaming...
is for All People. As Jacob had told me. That I would earn a forth Name... When, I realize I am nothing and empty... like the wind.
I was an Elder. When I knew... I was a Dreamer, for the People.
Today, I know you!

You are blessed beyond reasonable love. The Creator.
Has your Heart... in. His Hand!

Rory cj Frankson
Golden Eagle - Man who talks with Elk - Pathfinder.
You, are a Total Path...
Honor. My tears.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"I sang the songs brought by the ancient spirit being to the dreamers."

I love the line above from this piece, as I am a dreamer, and thankful for the beauty of the natural world that is the inspiration of we dreamers.

Inspiring and uplifting to a free soul.

Thank you for the chance to read this work of beauty.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is wonderful, very dreamlike and enchanting. It sounds like a journey well worth going on. It would open up ones mind to the world in a very positive manner. I really love your art work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This dreamlike moonlit landscape becomes a place of deep and mystic wonder under your pen... or maybe your pen is inspired and captured by the spirits that hover here...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

your drawing is very beautiful....i almost thought it was a real photo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful drawing! Glorious poem!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love finding petroglyphs , especially in dreams ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Both the poem and the art are beautiful.
One would think the author well connected.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

coyote being the triskster he is can open your eyes to a hole different plane, new understanding to life. I love how your words take me to the Sacred, The Old ones.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

In the Native American belief. The coyote was the joker and maybe too wise for his own good. Your poem is beautiful. I like the feel and the story in your words. I like the picture. Made your words come alive. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is such a nice piece my friend but the drawing is even nicer. The ant beings I find a little scary though. I am afraid I find many of the animal, bug creatures a bit vicious and cannabalistic. I realize they will only kill for food or protection unlike humans, but they will and do kill without any feeling.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

926 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 13, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2011
Tags: moon, night, saguaro, coyote, flower, dream, dance, sing, ant, petroglyph, mountain, poetry, poem, nature


Author

Desert Dreamer
Desert Dreamer

Sonoran Desert, AZ



About
I joined Writers Cafe to inspire and be inspired, I hope you are looking for the same. I always review other peoples writing in return for a review (sometimes I am slow) and I look forward to any con.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..