Wrong Awakening

Wrong Awakening

A Poem by Desert Dreamer
"

inspired by art

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tower reflects human spirits
as objects
trees crowded out
by buildings
human minds connected
to machines

 

Metamorphosis of meaning
dissolution of spirit
death
disintegration
metropolis of decay

 

Trapped within their own creations
even in sleep she cries out for release

 

Bright clouds bring hope for your escape
concrete cracked by unseen armies
roots of trees patiently strangle
machines that were wrongly awakened
freedom arrives slowly

 

© 2012 Desert Dreamer


Author's Note

Desert Dreamer
Inspired by the artwork shown titled "Wrong Awakening" by Peter Gric.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ach, you capture my daily reality here. I work in London's Canary Wharf, which is a collcetion of towers. I think of them as egos. They are all straight lines of glass and steel and power. My place in all this is in the middle of a room some distance from a window, which never opens, can't open. All I can see from it when I look that way are other buildings. I can see nothing natural an I can't see the sky. This is no way to be. And my mind is linked to the machine in front of me. And I sometimes wake at night thinking about it. Ach, you capture my daily reality in my less than lovely tower, no ivory in sight.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A beautifully written piece....the artwork compliments this piece.....Enjoyed.....Whisk

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yes..the hope of nature taking back the terra...and the minds creations with them.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing.
"human minds connected
to machines"
So well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


I live in a small town and my house is next to the woods. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a big city surrounded by concrete and metal. I love nature and the beauty it holds. This poem makes me sad.

Posted 12 Years Ago


'Human minds connected
To machines'

This gave me chills... thinking of everyone on the train ride to University every morning glued to their iPhone and other such devices (I am not exempt from this). What a modern nightmare your captured here in the most magnificent of words. Your impact on the mind with your phrasery is intoxicating, miss.

I have to add I LOVE the line:
'Even in sleep she cries out for release'.
Yes, yes... so good!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love how this poem strongly points out how machines are taking over, negatively, but we still continue hoping. Loved it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


and what else... You have a specific futuristic vision... Desert dreamer's vision...
and here I am again swirling in my imaginations which are infected by your words... you impel my very brain to create an extrinsic world... your poem's world.
well, this is an outstanding poem. RESPECT.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I've read that if humankind were to vanish from the face of the earth, it would only take Nature a few centuries to wipe out most of the evidence of our presence here. It's too bad we wouldn't be able to revel in the true beauty that would emerge from that transformation.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another powerful piece of writing on the theme of man's concrete creations versus the natural world that is being displaced....

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2121 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on June 3, 2012
Tags: civilization, art, death

Author

Desert Dreamer
Desert Dreamer

Sonoran Desert, AZ



About
I joined Writers Cafe to inspire and be inspired, I hope you are looking for the same. I always review other peoples writing in return for a review (sometimes I am slow) and I look forward to any con.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kisses Kisses

A Poem by Robin