I Will Crawl For Your Love

I Will Crawl For Your Love

A Poem by Joshua Design

I will run for you. I will run until my legs burn and my heart struggles to keep up. And then I will continue running.

I will run until my lungs are screaming at me to stop and my body feels like led. And I will keep striding.

I will stride until my feet are bleeding and my mouth begs for water. And I will take one more step. And another. And another. And I will keep walking.

I will walk until there is no more sweat left in my body and dehydration makes me dizzy and faint and weak. And I will look up at the top of that hill. And I will keep walking.

I will walk until I can walk no more. And then I will drop to one knee. And then my other will collapse along with the rest of me. And then, so close to death but closer to your heart, I will crawl.

And I will crawl like an infant. Not knowing why I am crawling. But I will crawl for your love. And I will crawl until I can crawl no more. And then, with bright orange beams of light beating upon my back, I will scratch in the sand one final testament, "I am sorry. And I love you".

© 2012 Joshua Design


Author's Note

Joshua Design
All comments are greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I could literally feel this person's desperation through the imagery and his actions.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 4, 2012
Tags: love, run, stride, walk, crawl, death, passion