The Sun

The Sun

A Poem by Broken Desires
"

Friendship

"
 As a hermit, I never ventured out far or socialized with others. I kept to myself and only allowed in what I believed to be safe and understanding.  Regrettably being a hermit was never my intentions. I envied those that basked in your magnificent rays , that cheered and danced around with the others. How I wish I could be like them. I never knew that meeting the dark tower would allow me to be so close to you.

  At first I was jealous. You stood over the tower, protecting it, giving it a shred of life. You played day and night and here I was envious. I wanted to be just as close , just as wanted. Hate began to brew. Jealousy took root and all I could think of was just another thing to block my path. 

I thought if I could get in your good graces then you'd be easy to bend. When I approached you, you shown to bright it was almost blinding. Your bubbly nature and charismatic rays had stripped away all hate that I harboured, all jealousy that manifested. A root was placed in my heart, an odd feeling of love and friendship. I wasn't attached to your type or anything that looked like you. 

Yall were pulled in by the tower making it harder and harder to enter, but unlike the rest you opened the door. You gave me access and told me the wrongs and rights. I was happy that someone like you would accept a Hermit like me; so willingly. You didn't sneer behind my back. Comment rude things or dampen my mood. You never brought rain and thunder. Always you shown so brightly. 

I've never loved the sun until now. I hope that as my years go by, you'll continue to be my sun. The rays that bring me happiness when I'm down. The sillyness that livens up my day when everything seems so dry. As the moon, I hope that one day I can ask for your hand. To live with you for all eternity as friends. Did you know that my favorite day is when there's a full moon. The moon is exactly opposite as the sun. When I rise you begin to set and at that moment, were together.

© 2017 Broken Desires


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's beautiful Broken Desire. I see it from a very spiritual view, the sun being Jesus and the moon is a type and shadow of His Bride. A union that will be eternal. As Dennis said, "so original" and I can totally relate to everything you said. :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Broken Desires

6 Years Ago

I'm happy that you were able to relate and see it from your own perspective. Thank you.



Reviews

It's beautiful Broken Desire. I see it from a very spiritual view, the sun being Jesus and the moon is a type and shadow of His Bride. A union that will be eternal. As Dennis said, "so original" and I can totally relate to everything you said. :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Broken Desires

6 Years Ago

I'm happy that you were able to relate and see it from your own perspective. Thank you.
It is so original, coming from inside the heart

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Broken Desires

6 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 7, 2017
Last Updated on November 7, 2017