The Time, Machine

The Time, Machine

A Story by Detective Watts
"

An eccentirc scientist invents a time machine. It not only entertains, it also teaches a valuable lesson.

"

A long, long time ago; in a land of magic and wonder, an eccentric scientist was unveiling his newest invention to a hall of gathered dignitaries.

 

'For to long' he said. 'Mankind has been late for important meetings and dates and stuff. Today is the day we say, no more. I have created a machine, capable of telling the time to anyone who asks it; THE TIME, MACHINE!'

 

“Four-thirty", replied the machine

The crowd erupted in an outburst of clapping and cheering.

'We did it!' they all screamed. 'We finally did it!'

 

All was good for a time, but the gods soon grew jealous of The Scientists great power.

'He always knows what time it is and we never do. Lets kill him!' They said.

 

And so, it came to pass that The Scientists great hubris caused his downfall. But how long is it until another aims to high, makes a time, machine and DOOMS US ALL.

© 2011 Detective Watts


Author's Note

Detective Watts
One day, I was with my friends Cody and Andrew. I picked up a spoon and said to Cody
"Wanna spoon Cody"
Cody replied "No thank you"
I, in turn said "I was talking to Andrew"
It was then that I learnt that commas are important.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is awesome. Your description reminds me of the old "Let's eat grandma!" vs. "Let's eat, grandma!"

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this! I did not expect it to be a talking clock-haha. Great stuff.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hilarious, absolutely hilarious. A clever idea done very effectively.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful. I laughed. I cried. I lost 15 pounds. I can't recommend this story enough.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is funny. When I read it I thought "time machine" like where you go to the future? But you were talking about a clock. Great poem! Such a creative idea. Rated:99/100 :) Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

553 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2010
Last Updated on June 14, 2011
Tags: Hubris, Time Machine, Time Travel, Pun

Author

Detective Watts
Detective Watts

Wollongong, NSW, Australia



About
I can now be found -------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.writerscafe.org/Lincoln%20Bey -------------------------------------------------------------- ^^^^.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..