Right from the Start, She Knew.

Right from the Start, She Knew.

A Poem by Odette

He was the one for her right from the start. From the first time they talked she knew. Every step he took past her, her heart started to beat faster than it did when she ran. Her mouth would turn into a little smile, an innocent smile produced from innocent thoughts. The sound of his thoughts beaming through his simple few words. She could instantly see through his tough guy act, she breathed in his sensitivity and loneliness, despite being surrounded by many open hearts. Hearts that could love him if he gave them a chance. She had no control over her expressions, and little did she know as she sat there thinking about things that could happen, her face turned upwards, her mouth changing into an enormous smile, her teeth showing and her eyes beaming. Her eyes glittered, she was told, when she was truly happy, like stars on a lonely night, like hope in the sky, so there was hope in her eyes, her smile, her heart. Hope that one day she could end up with him, the guy she was born to be with, born to care for and most importantly, born to love.

© 2011 Odette


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love is grand and beautiful, your writing reflects a love that is pure.
Beautiful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The way you wrote the words. More like a story. You could break up the lines and make it poetry. I like the emotion in the words. Hope and wishes keep us alive and reaching for the good things in a life. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2011
Last Updated on June 9, 2011