My Desiderata of Love

My Desiderata of Love

A Poem by Devinked7115
"

A personal expression of how I perceive love with all it's complexities over finding that significant other.

"
After searching from the deepest of the sea to the summit of mountains... I finally know what I want. 

I want a carefree life. A life full of adventures, discoveries... New things to learn of, old things to grow out of... I want to make memories I can be proud of.. To make decisions I will never regret... No matter how hard I might fall, how stupid I can be intaking risks.. As long as it makes me happy, I will continue to do what I want.  I want to love like I am always loved back... To sing, write and play as free as a child... I want to fly without looking back with loss. To live my dreams shining bright! That's what I want.. And it gets easier to knowing WHO I want.. 

I want someone who will take me as I am, with all my flaws and strengths... Someone who will not falter to speak the truth no matter how hard it may pierce me. I want someone who will fight with me, my trusted ally, my other half... Someone worth dying for. Someone who believes in the beauty of my soul and finds passion in and out of my body. Someone amazing. Someone who is certain of who he is and want he wants.. Someone I can never possess or obsess on.. All because he is the master of his life.. But finds in me a home, only his heart can understand.

I want someone who's not afraid to choose me, someone who loves me enough to put his guard down. Someone I'd kiss with every sunrise and sunset of his life. I believe in love, if it is selfless and yet feeds your life. I believe in love if it blooms in the pureness friendship... I believe in love if it is beyond religion, race and gender.. And I believe, i'm closer than I ever was to finding him... And maybe, just maybe, I have found him... or he has found me, too.. only time can tell. 

But, if i would grow up not knowing or losing such, and start yet again... It will still be a life well-lived. 

© 2017 Devinked7115


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

To believe in love the way you do only love can shine through and if you find the fighter in life you should surely win every battle that you two will fight so be blessed and find that right person in your life,

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Devinked7115

7 Years Ago

Thank you for this uplifting review. I really appreciate it. =)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 26, 2017
Last Updated on January 26, 2017

Author

Devinked7115
Devinked7115

Auckland, New Zealand



About
''No theory of life seemed to be of any importance compared with life itself'' -Oscar Wilde I am a novice writer. In fact, this is the first time I stepped out of my comfort zone to write boldly.. more..

Writing
Never Never

A Poem by Devinked7115


Amazed Amazed

A Poem by Devinked7115