Cockroaches of Society

Cockroaches of Society

A Story by Dez H.
"

The first chapter of many more to come, this book reflects a society of people that are uprising against political corruption and the Antichrist.

"

 Chapter 1

 

The future that they plotted for so long finally came and they had their new world. They marked the day on every calendar so every year afterwards it would never be forgotten. It was televised on every television station and every radio conglomerate around the world; the day the many nations became one. On that day the whole world celebrated, wars and fighting stopped and every man, woman and child bared witness to what would be considered a day that would go down in history; and it did. The man responsible came out of literally nowhere. It is said he was born an orphan in a small village that got bombed in the Middle East and escaped when he was seven and roamed the world from their into present time. During his travels he met shamans, prophets, medicine men, spiritualists and many wise men of the world that gave him wisdom beyond any normal man. He was discovered by a reporter who on a community college campus in Chicago who overheard him talking to a group of students. The reporter asked him if he was a student or a teacher and when he replied neither it sparked more of an interest of who he really was. The world found out his name was Malachi Subam and learned his life story. When the mainstream got to him he became an instant icon, the more they talked to him the more he had answers for. He had remedies and cures for diseases that scientist and doctors had been trying to figure out for decades. His knowledge seemed to be endless as he cured cancers of every kind and began to perform what some called miracles as he gave sight to the blind and hearing to the deaf. People came from all over to just to catch a glimpse of him; religious figures like the Archdioceses and the Pope met with him and were intrigued by this man that spoke in numerous tongues even those that were extinct about the teaching of religion making them go back through dead sea scrolls, the bible and biblical documents changing their insight and answering for them now questions about a higher power and they began to question if he was a new messiah. When they did that it made the rest of the world wonder the same thing and the ones that didn’t see him as that claimed that he was the Anti-Christ. He was very charismatic and seemed like every news interview made him even more popular with everyday he had found some kind of cure or fixed a problem that the world had. He spoke softly but when getting a point across had such intensity that brought forth a demand for respect. Powerful women of the world were even overwhelmed by his good looks and savvy dialect. He appeared on multiple talk shows both on television and on radio generating more popularity and within a year of his debut he was in political offices conversing with world leaders. He is neither African American nor is he Caucasian with a bronzed skin tone and dark almost coal black curly hair. When they tried to find out what he was his blood test baffled the medical field and genealogists for he seemed to have little traces of every ethnic makeup in his DNA. But out of everything he did the biggest impact he made was when he joined the political world. He was elected Secretary of State and every country that he visited he brought ideas and solutions to their leader and dictators and within a year he had done what even our president couldn’t do and that was creating peace between warring nations. After four years he was elected president giving promising of a brand new government where unemployment, homelessness, high gas prices and terrorism would be not be an issue like it had been in the past. Everybody had heard it said from the former presidents but he did it within one year of his term and by his second he had miraculously cut the U.S deficit in half. His inauguration speech spoke of a brighter future for those who could believe in peace and a united world and in his fourth year he sealed another term for himself by withdrawing all military troops from foreign countries. President Mabus had indeed changed the United States but the biggest impact was after that day as he stood with the other world leaders and the document had been signed by them all and a one world nation was declared. People knew that it would change the world but what they didn’t know is that it would soon change their whole lives.  My name is Donovan Savant I am a member of a group called The Cockroaches of Society and as I stand behind this electrical fence awaiting either my fate or my rescue I have fully embraced and have made peace with my life.  It was Tennessee Williams that quoted, “Life is all memory, except for the present moment that goes by so quickly you hardly catch it going”.  It is the only thing I have left but I fear that if they don’t kill me they will erase them and replace it with what they want to put inside of my brain. I look over at a man, his wife, and their little girl and watch as three soldiers come over to them and try to take the little girl. When the father tries to fight one of the soldiers hits him with the butt of his gun and another sends a jolt of electricity in him with a stun gun. The woman cries and struggles to hold on to her child when she too receives a shock and the soldiers pull the crying little girl away. As people like me stand around witnessing this we want to do something to help but most are too afraid and the others have been subjected to the same thing when their families were separated just like that. I have seen a lot bad things since Subam has taken control and I know the worst is yet to come. I walk over to the man and woman and look at their twitching bodies as they lay on the ground, the woman is unconscious but the man just lies still as tears pour from his eyes. I, like the rest of the people staring at them, am sympathetic too but if everything goes as planned my group will free these people along with thousands of others that are confined to these brainwashing concentration camps but all I can do for  now is put my back against this brick wall. I crouch down as I pat this broken man’s shoulder and stare down at his drops of tears that form on the concrete. Someday my brother we’ll all be free from our captors is all I can think to say to him but I don’t because what he doesn’t know is they’ll probably never see that little girl again and if they do she’ll be so reprogrammed that she won’t even remember them. When they come to do the same to him and his wife he’ll more than likely fight from the anger that they caused and at that point they will kill him. But they won’t get the pleasure of doing the same to me because once they sit me in that chair I’ll have a surprise in store for them. His wife wakes up and she looks around frantically then weakly drags herself to her husband, I stand up and walk away remembering when this all started.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

 

© 2013 Dez H.


Author's Note

Dez H.
Open your eyes when the knowledge comes to your brain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the build up of tension for the story's lead character as you reach the ending of chapter. Nice foundation for a unfinished yet soon to be riveting story. Great write. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dez H.

11 Years Ago

A compliment from Bpoet is a great praise. Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

747 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 21, 2013
Last Updated on March 21, 2013

Author

Dez H.
Dez H.

Indpls., IN



About
To the man with an ear for verbal delicacies- the man who searches painfully for the perfect word, and puts the way of saying a thing above the thing said- there is in writing the constant joy of sudd.. more..

Writing