Fun Upcoming Events Across the Globe

Fun Upcoming Events Across the Globe

A Story by D. Hogan

Around the world, cities are gearing up for the masses of work-ridden drones looking to spice up their life with something totally new and different. From the glitziness of Paris Fashion Week to a laid back LA Beer Festival or even the historical horse races at Palio di Siena, there is something to entice your need for adventure. So call in sick to work and leave the fluorescent lights of your office behind to explore the happenings you won’t want to miss. Don’t worry, that business proposal cant wait!

 

LA Beer Festival

Have you ever wanted to walk the bustling streets of New York City with an ice-cold beer in your hand while hanging out with friends and making new ones? Well, for those on a tight budget, New York is coming to you right here in Los Angeles! The LA Beer Festival takes place at Paramount Studios with the New York City street set as your backdrop. The streets, while not bustling with New Yorkers, echoe with the sounds of a DJ spinning some tunes as partygoers float between vendors and brewers. Tickets usually run $40 a session and there are two sessions in which the brewer pours unlimited four-ounce beers.

 

WMZQ Fest 2013 starring Luke Bryan

On May 18, 2013, country music fans from across the world will flock to Bristow, Virginia, not for some good ol’ Southern hospitality, but for WMZQ Fest 2013, every country music lovers dream. This year, Luke Bryan is the main performer and past acts have included Miranda Lambert, Chris Young, and Jana Kramer. After a full day of soaking up the sun with country music playing in the background, fans have a chance to meet and greet some of their favorite stars. The day is fast approach so look for WMZQ Fest tickets soon!

 

The 2013 National Puerto Rican Day Parade

New York has always been the melting pot of America, housing an eclectic mix of nationalities. Each year, the Puerto Rican community in New York celebrate with the National Puerto Rican Day Parade in June along Fifth Avenue to 79th Street. Thousands of Puerto Ricans congregate along the parade route donning red, white, and blue, while Puerto Rican flags sway with in the wind. The parade is then followed by a festival, boasting Puerto Rican dishes and activities for all ages, on 152nd Street, between Jackson and Union Avenue.

 

Palio di Siena 2013

Picture the thundering hooves of horses gallivanting in the middle of a historic square in the heart of the Italian countryside. Well, you don’t have to just imagine this because each year in Siena, Italy, the horse race, Palio di Siena takes place in Piazza del Campo, attracting thousands of visitors to the hillside village. Each horse represents one of Siena’s districts, called contrade, and the winning contrade gains bragging rights for the entire year while their district’s banners hang throughout the city. Siena is extremely small so make sure to get a hotel room many months in advance. The race is free for standing room, however for those willing to drop a few hundred euros, there are bleacher seats.

 

Paris Fashion Week 2013

Paris is not only the city of light and romance, but a city with impeccable fashion designs. During Paris Fashion Week, the most renowned designers from every corner of the globe come together for a week of art in the form of clothes. June 26, 2013 marks the beginning of Paris Fashion Week 2014, which will be debut men’s spring and summer fashions for the upcoming year through June 30, 2013. Runway shows include Chanel, Lanvin, Commes des Garcons, and more, all marked by a mix of celebrities and fashion gurus. The city comes alive with tourists and locals all wanting to enjoy the spirit of Parisian fashion.

 

 

Daniel Hogan is a writer at Party Earth - a global media and entertainment company that publishes reviews and listings of the best social experiences around the world including: things to do in Amsterdam, beaches in Ibiza, plazas in Rome, bars in Los Angeles, parks in New York, festivals and concerts everywhere, and more.

© 2013 D. Hogan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on April 8, 2013
Last Updated on April 8, 2013

Author

D. Hogan
D. Hogan

Los Angeles, CA



About
Daniel Hogan is a writer at Party Earth - a global media and entertainment company that publishes reviews and listings of the best social experiences around the world including: bars in Paris, pubs in.. more..

Writing