My Best Friend is A Dinosaur

My Best Friend is A Dinosaur

A Chapter by Miss Evans
"

Written in 8 minutes on October 19, 2011 for the K12 HS Creative Writing Club. This was a Warm-Up Exercise, the picture was of a boy being chased by a dinosaur, this was my creation.

"
Ricky was such an active boy, his mother always knew he'd be special. So she wasn't very surprised on the day that he turned five, he confided in her that his best friend was a dinosaur.
   "Well what kind of dinosaur is he, Ricky?" His mother asked with ease, "Is he big? Or little? Can he roar ferociously? Or does he scamper quietly?"
   "His name is Max, he is a T-Rex and he loves me very much." He said, "He runs around, and chases his tail, whenever he sees me coming."
   "Oh really? And what do you do together?" His mother inquired.
"Well, the other day I went outside to play, when we went down to the park." He continued,    "And Max was there, but he said I wasn't playing fair, and he chased me till it was dark!"
   "Well that's not nice! Are you alright? What happened to your friend Max then?"
   "Now Max is fine, we're friends again, but he still wants to make sure I play fair."
"So whenever I don't play fair again, I'll remember this!" Ricky said, "The first rule of the Golden Age of Dinosaurs: Never trick a T-Rex!"


Ricky's mother laughed, and hugged him tight. She tucked him in and said goodnight. Soon he was asleep for the night, dreaming bright, active dreams, of Max that night.



© 2011 Miss Evans


Author's Note

Miss Evans
Be as harsh as you want, but keep in mind this was literally written in 8 minutes. It has not been edited, grammar, sensibility, and practicality have not be reviewed at all. The only thing I payed any attention to was spelling.

WYSIWYG. What you see is what you get.

Enjoy!

~ Teralyn E.
(Image Link: http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrakvkd38c1r1d3p9o1_100.jpg)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is very good. I could really feel the connection between the mother and son through the dialogue. Considering that we only had eight minutes to do this I can understand why your piece doesn't have a lot of the imaginative aspects that I'm sure you would probably put in it if you had the time.

I also found your idea of having the T-rex be the boy's imaginative pet very heart warming.

Nice job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is adorable. I completely agree with Desiree's review.
For an eight-minute piece this was pretty fantastic. I never did post my piece...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think it is a very sweet piece of work :D And written well in just 8 minutes! I'm losing my edge on cheerful things like this--the rhymes make it seem even more light-hearted. :3

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it! The internal rhyming scheme is great. I think that if you illustrated it, it would make a great children's book. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very good. I could really feel the connection between the mother and son through the dialogue. Considering that we only had eight minutes to do this I can understand why your piece doesn't have a lot of the imaginative aspects that I'm sure you would probably put in it if you had the time.

I also found your idea of having the T-rex be the boy's imaginative pet very heart warming.

Nice job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved it so much! I think you did good, considering we only had 8 minutes ti write it. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

liked it but it had too much dialog for my taste i wanted something more imaginative and descriptive of how he felt and what it was like as though i was there with him

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

431 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 15, 2011
Tags: Photo Story, Inspired, Off-hand Writing, K12 Creative Writing Club, Short Story, Cute



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..