The funeral supper

The funeral supper

A Story by Dipanjan Dutta

All that mattered was a little walk. In fact just the movement of the feet would have been sufficient. The fingerprints were disturbing for they were shaky.  My hands have gone numb, my body immobile and a face I never knew I had. The ceiling closed in. Moving the feet was necessary right away, at least the toe. It was the only hope of survival since the time I was left to die.

Living was not my choice, neither did I knew what death is. The ceiling was still closing in or wait, am I moving up? The gratefulness of being dead was refreshing. Greatful to genesis and the shame it brought. My teeth have decayed, stains of wild on my nails and the frowns of falling apart was prominent. Am I afraid? And of what?

A siren, constant and monotonous, muffled voices of grief and human apparitions; they are all so annoying. A broken glass had been taken care of, whiskey wiped of from the floor, the table being prepared for supper, funeral supper. Funeral supper?

Am I already dead? 

© 2015 Dipanjan Dutta


Author's Note

Dipanjan Dutta
A shaky comeback...one write after a looonnnggg time...

Please share your thoughts and honest reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life after death is one of the human fixations and fantasies. You have done justice to this story in your brilliant way of story telling. Every word you use, where you use carry a meaning. Keep writing my friend. I am sorry for reading this late but that is just an excuse :) Looking forward to your next installment.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dipanjan Dutta

8 Years Ago

Thank you Avinash
Hauntingly intense...makes one wonder on the after and if the person actually knows they are dead...thought provoking, good to see you again :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dipanjan Dutta

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Poppy...
Ruth

8 Years Ago

My pleasure hon...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2015
Last Updated on May 9, 2015

Author

Dipanjan Dutta
Dipanjan Dutta

Bangalore, India



About
I love to be in this forum. There are so many to read. so many to learn from and somany to cherish Hometown: Calcutta, West Bengal, India Current Location: Sydney, Australia more..

Writing
Amen Amen

A Story by Dipanjan Dutta


Winter Winter

A Story by Dipanjan Dutta


Life Life

A Story by Dipanjan Dutta