Winter

Winter

A Story by Dipanjan Dutta
"

When it's cold always and eye hurts of the darkness, there is a wish to be warm. And then the grass on the other side is always greener...

"
The winter grass, as it was turning brown, looked up once with moist eyes. It rained last night, just before the moon came out. A strong breeze let the yellowed leaves accompany the grass. The trees looked unclothed though.

He was sitting at his veranda with still eyes. There is no thrill in the cold. It is surprising that there were people around once. Now that they have hit the road to the warm, the courtyard looked desolate.

No one called him as they were leaving. None at all. And he as quite as ever did nothing beyond watching them leave. They left to live, he sighed and wished for another life where winter would be sacrificed, rain would be exotic, and if nothing at all, then at least he will be more than dead. A life of purple and fragrance rather than the sleep of dark.

© 2016 Dipanjan Dutta


Author's Note

Dipanjan Dutta
Whatever you really feel

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Maybe it because I have never experienced this,(being still a teenager)but I love this work. In about 3 lines you were able to convey a strong sense of loneliness that old people feel; where people who used to be there are not any more.
And I think its pretty apt given how the title is called 'Winter grass'. Well while I would want to write a full essay on why this is so good, I would like to see a less passive role in the background for the character. If you personally message me, I could explain myself better

Posted 7 Years Ago


Always fascinating to read you. So many visuals that blend and merge nicely with the harsh reality of life at times. You have a talent of conveying so much in a short manner, superb :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 9, 2016
Last Updated on July 9, 2016
Tags: Darkness, cold, beloved

Author

Dipanjan Dutta
Dipanjan Dutta

Bangalore, India



About
I love to be in this forum. There are so many to read. so many to learn from and somany to cherish Hometown: Calcutta, West Bengal, India Current Location: Sydney, Australia more..

Writing
Amen Amen

A Story by Dipanjan Dutta


Life Life

A Story by Dipanjan Dutta