Scene of flames

Scene of flames

A Poem by DiskartetHaraya
"

Always check for injuries before moving.

"
who are you to say that whatever doesn't kill a person makes them stronger. maybe they just barely made it, you seeing them walk out of the fire after a mere coincidence. it looks heroic to you, a scene of flames like in the movies, but you don't know whether a person has indeed gotten stronger. for all you know they've been getting weaker all this time.

© 2017 DiskartetHaraya


Author's Note

DiskartetHaraya
What did you feel?
What noticeable effect did the lowercase have on you as a reader, if any?
Do you think a narrower paragraph will make the poem feel less short?
Do you think the poem isn't long enough regardless?

Originally from my FB page, Nook Of Ruth.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really felt the message.
But I'm think maybe the lack of grammar/format distracted from the feeling. I think you could use structure to really drive your intended effect.

Posted 6 Years Ago


DiskartetHaraya

6 Years Ago

Thank you. I will consider it. Let me know if you have any suggestions for a line break.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 19, 2017
Last Updated on October 20, 2017
Tags: sensitivity, burnout, cliche, action, movies, fire, poetry

Author

DiskartetHaraya
DiskartetHaraya

Philippines



About
Hiraya or haraya? Whichever, I need to get myself a Filipino dictionary. The word means imagination, while the other word (diskarte) has something to do with street smarts or being business-minded.. more..

Writing