The Story of a Large Cube, Set Once Upon a Time

The Story of a Large Cube, Set Once Upon a Time

A Story by DiskartetHaraya
"

Mind your pronouns.

"
Once upon a time there came a large solid cube in the town of Space. The cube was a large box open at its top, from which numerous objects jutted out.

With each step the cube took, the objects at the very top jumped. The cube felt heavy on the roads of Space, the ground shaking wherever it went. 

It was believed by some townspeople that the objects jumping up and down did not fall from the box because the cube had its own internal pull, and each of his his steps grazing against the roads of their town was his own internal force coming into contact with the gravity of their world. 

A few insisted further that the box was not filled only to its rim that they saw but that there was a portal within it, equally filled with numerous objects, and that the objects apparent at the top of the box and the objects within it were only a small portion of what mysteries the cube brought along. 

Yet none attempted to know the cube. For them, the cube was an "it". And the cube continued to wander the roads, talked about, but talked to no one.

Most believe that the story was set once upon a time. But in truth it was never set. Like the cube, it wanders. And it is sighted, but not noticed, time and time again.

© 2017 DiskartetHaraya


Author's Note

DiskartetHaraya
This was inspired by the animation, Flatland.
I have tendencies being symbolic and abstract because I mostly studied poems.

Is this fiction or not?
Does the fantasy and symbolism work?

Soon to be on my FB page, Nook Of Ruth

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting story you have here.

Posted 6 Years Ago


DiskartetHaraya

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
Devin Gates

6 Years Ago

Please critique my writing.
DiskartetHaraya

6 Years Ago

I just saw your other review. I will do my best.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 19, 2017
Last Updated on October 24, 2017
Tags: community, loner, idol, bias, minority, misunderstood, awe, admire, abstract, fantasy, time, travel

Author

DiskartetHaraya
DiskartetHaraya

Philippines



About
Hiraya or haraya? Whichever, I need to get myself a Filipino dictionary. The word means imagination, while the other word (diskarte) has something to do with street smarts or being business-minded.. more..

Writing