[You're not given...]

[You're not given...]

A Chapter by DiskartetHaraya
"

...something you can't handle.

"

YOU’RE NOT GIVEN SOMETHING YOU CAN’T HANDLE. If it’s handed to you, you might as well take it. Say I can take it, I can take it, even when you don’t know what to do with it. Grab that handle anyway, it might be of use someday. Is it a door handle, a box handle? An attachable handle opening the doorway to food? Take it, take it. Take it like a host’s offering to you. You may decline first but do so only out of politeness. Take it, it’s been given to you. Once it’s been offered to you it’s yours once and for all. For the forgiveness of sins. Against fatalism. Never forget your life stored in memory. Say that you’ll take it, as if you can handle it. Take it, handle it, as shaky as your hands may be from crying in confession, I confess to the almighty and to you my brothers and sisters, I have been complaining.



© 2017 DiskartetHaraya


Author's Note

DiskartetHaraya
An old thing from a collection of works involving word play.
Now re-grouped into another collection on WritersCafe (On Cliché and Blasé).

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on November 4, 2017
Last Updated on November 4, 2017
Tags: cliche, blase, prose poem


Author

DiskartetHaraya
DiskartetHaraya

Philippines



About
Hiraya or haraya? Whichever, I need to get myself a Filipino dictionary. The word means imagination, while the other word (diskarte) has something to do with street smarts or being business-minded.. more..

Writing