The Party Turns Weird

The Party Turns Weird

A Chapter by Some Random Person.
"

What happens at the party, how could it happen?

"

Elijah went to the party, even though he shouldn’t have. The party was planned and designed by Elizabeth. It was great, the party had everything her father liked.  Elizabeth, friends, surprise, fun,  and  politics. Elijah knocked on the door. He could already hear the party goers talking about various subjects. He listened and smelled for Elizabeth, hoping she would be the one to answer the door. He couldn’t find her. He listened harder. Still, nothing. Where is she?

Then the party goers were silent. He began to fear… Fear what exactly? It was a mystery to him. He heard rumbling, then a howl. But the howl was outside. He ran toward where he heard the howl. He thought it might be Elizabeth, or the Were that turned her. He wasn’t sure. For all he knew, she might have hurt herself in a lethal way… Who knew.

He ran and ran, but couldn’t find her.  He yelled her name, still couldn’t find her. He tried to smell her. Then, just when he almost gave up looking for her, she ran across the field. On an impulse, he ran after her, through the field, to the house. She had changed back to her human form. She opened the front door, stepped inside, then closing, she saw him. Her eyes filled with joy and wonder.

“So you decided to come? May I ask you why?”

“I wondered how the party was and decided to go ahead and join it, no matter how dangerous it would be.” That was lame! He thought. What now, smart one?

“I’m glad you came. The party was boring without you. Maybe it’ll be better now.”Now she was scolding herself.

“I’m sure it will be fine.” He replied, glad his foolishness hadn’t been noticed, or was it? He never knew with her. She was good at hiding stuff.

“Then what are you waiting for? Come in!”

He went in, and noticed that everyone was staring.  He was sure that they had heard their conversation. He sat down , bored and looked around. The party goers went back to their conversations, as if undisturbed. Elizabeth went to sit next to him, but talked to the other people near.

It was now 11:00 p.m. and most of the party goers left. Only about 11 people stayed, himself included. Elizabeth and Elijah had been talking for about half an hour, but he was kind of tired now. After all, it had been a long day for him, being turned into a werewolf and all. There were still some snacks left on the snack table, so he got up and helped himself to some of the food. He looked around, after he took a huge bite out of some cheese, trying to survey the people still left in the party. A couple who were about seventy years old, the Johanasons; another couple in their late forties, early fifties, Debra and Jimi Hull. That was all he knew. Then he looked back to find Elizabeth, but she’d been gone for a few minutes. He wondered what happened to her, but put it out of his mind.

He thought two things about her absence: either she changed,  or she had to take care of business. Either way, he was waiting for her return.

It was about three a.m. and the party was still going on. He thought of how he was going to tell his siblings about what happened, but he pushed the question away when some neighbors came in. These new people were Connie and Cliff. He didn’t know their last names, nor did he really want to. He didn’t talk to them, and they couldn’t care less about him. To their eyes, he was just another rude and unfortunate kid. He didn’t care what they thought, but it kind of bugged him that they won’t even try to get to know him.  PUT THAT THOUGHT AWAY! He told himself. THIS IS A PARTY! DON’T RUIN IT! They were coming over to the table that he was sitting at. Oh great. Just what I wanted! He was conscious of him thinking negative.  Don’t talk to them unless they ask you something! A voice was telling him something. It was feminine. It sounded calm, but troubled, like she didn’t like seeing them. Who was she, what was she talking about, and why wouldn’t she like seeing Connie and Clifford?

Elizabeth came back just then to answer his question.

“Because they like to gossip. Even if you’re in front of them, they’ll gossip about you. I don’t know why they’re friends: my grandparents and them. Just try to ignore them. Even my grandparents do that. My grandmother just says “um-humm…” so that they think that she’s listening. That’s why I said don’t talk to them.”

“So it was you, the voice in my head.”

“No, I said it aloud. You thought I said it in your head? Didn’t you notice them looking behind you? They heard me too.”

“Oh…” He felt dumb now. “So you were creeping behind my back?”

“Not exactly. I was coming back to the table when I saw them coming. I was trying to warn you before they came, hoping they won’t come to this table.” She then took a bite out of a small, triangular, white, holy cheese. He realized that it was Swiss Cheese, one of her favorites. He looked around, seeing that only Connie, Clifford, Elizabeth, her father, Debra and Jimi, and himself were left. Only 7 people…smaller party now.

“So when does your school start?” She asked him. Just like her: always wanting school. She loved to learn, but didn’t like all the homework. She always said that 7 hours of learning was enough.

“On the 19th. You?” Elizabeth lived in Houston, Texas, so she wouldn’t be on the same schedule. She lived in Arkansas with her grandparents during the summer, and sometimes came up for Christmas and Spring Break. Elijah knew that when she left, school stated the next day if not that day. Maybe the next weekday. Whichever. He hated the fact that she wasn’t here but on school breaks. He sometimes wished that she lived with her grandparents all year round, right across the street. It would make school more fun. After all, he enjoyed summers because she always -almost always anyway- had something in mind to do, even if he didn’t.

                The thought of school made him sad. He had to go to school in about a month.  It was depressing him greatly.

“I go back on the 23rd. I can’t seem to think of a good idea for me to keep going to this school. It has many rude people inside its walls and they don’t respect their teachers.” Elizabeth had had some terribly tough times last year. The kids teased her and were never talking nice to her. She preferred it in Arkansas because people were nice to her.

Yet, she wanted to go back to the Turkish school because it was a charter school. Not to mention she learned much better there than at public schools. Elizabeth told Elijah that much last year. He then cut a slice of cheese cake. Elizabeth made her usual “Yuck! Gablahhah!” face. She hated cheese cake… Well cake in general.

Ah, it was now 4 a.m. How could he stay up this late? It must be the Werewolf part of them. The party goers left-all of them. Only Elijah, Elizabeth were up. But they were outside. They both heard many howls and cries of people on Beethoven Avenue, even though they were more than 2 miles away from that creepy street. Elijah is still scolding himself for that huge mistake that changed his life forever. Stop thinking about that! He kept telling himself.  It's just a painful memory! Why wouldn't you stop thinking about it? He was fighting with himself in his head. Stop! Make it all Stop!  He wasn't a fan of fighting. Elijah only wanted to be as far away from that street as possible, but couldn't because of the time. He thought about visiting his grandparents house in Denver, but decided against it. It was too far away, Colorado is.



© 2010 Some Random Person.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this chapter. It was interesting and I quite enjoyed it. I like that he is combating within himself. I think your doing a good job. I can't wait to continue on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The description was wonderful. Great chapter! Keep up the good work:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good chapter. A lot of events in this chapter. I like the description and the conversation in this chapter.
Coyote


Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a really good chapter. I really loved the description girl. :)

~Bookers~ (Lizzard)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think that this one is my favorite chapter so far.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1290 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2010
Last Updated on November 12, 2010

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tonight Tonight

A Poem by Just Charles