The Tail of Dog Tales

The Tail of Dog Tales

A Story by Some Random Person.
"

A myth I had to write up for English

"

                Have you ever wondered why dogs sniff their tails when they great each other?   There’s this tale, dating back far long ago, about a King in Pheorsia. The time is 983 B.C.E.  The place? An old kingdom that sunk into the ground 900 years after the tale took place, in Pheorsia.

 

                Before any of you were born, and even before your grandparents’ grandparents were born, there lived a young king who was very jealous. He may have been young, but he was balding. The balding king’s name is King Minos of Pheorsia. Never was he just King Minos, but always King Minos of Pheorsia. King Minos was one of the feistiest Kings that ever ruled the land.

                This young, feisty King Minos of Pheorsia was married to a younger lady by the name of Partharessa. Partharessa was the sweetest King’s wife that ever lived. She had never raised her voice to anyone, even if she was beaten to death, she would never raise her voice. She did so many charitable work that could be done, and treated the Peasants as if they were citizens, not animals. She was the only person that could keep the feisty King Minos of Pheorsia calm.

 

                King Minos of Pheorsia had one, and only one enemy. Florence was the only other country alive, and it was ruled by King Noah of Florence’s son, Pytharon.  Pytharon and King Minos of Pheorsia had always been enemies. Even as young brothers, and yes, they were brothers, they always hated the other. When Pheorsia was conquered by Florence, the young Prince Minos took to it like a fly to a rotten apple. Pytharon, on the other hand, waited until their father died, then took his spot as King of Florence.

 

                One day, at a fiery Table with his brother, King Minos of Pheorsia saw that his brother had young, long, strait brown hair. He was very jealous and when he left to go back to his kingdom, King Minos of Pheorsia talked about it to his wife, Partharessa. The conversation went quietly, so none of the slaves and workers heard. They claim to have said the following below.

“Did you see his hair, Parthy?”

“How could I not? He looks like a girl!”

“Parthy, my brother has better hair than I, King Minos of Pheorsia. I need to have good hair!”

“But husband, King Minos of Pheorsia, what are you going to do about it? I don’t know of a way to help you in this situation!”

“Partharessa, ask the servants to help. Maybe they have some input.” Did King Minos of Pheorsia just say that the servants may have some input? That took back Partharessa. He never said “ask the servants to help.” Never.

“What? You want me to ask the servants to help?”

“That’s what I said, Parthy. Why are you so puzzled?”

“Because you said that they might have input.”

“I know what I’ve said, Parthy! Why are you so puzzled?”

“Never you mind, my wonderful King Minos of Pheorsia. I will ask our fine, grateful servants to help us solve this great problem of ours.”

“Thank you, my dear wife, Queen Partharessa of Pheorsia.”

“Not Queen yet, my Lord.”

So that’s basically the conversation. We have no idea how true or not it is. Just that the legend says that.  Now back to the legend, you people who are scrambling in your seats!

                After that conversation, Partharessa went to their servants and asked them about to solve the problem of King Minos of Pheorsia. They gladly said that they’ll try their best to know the answer to their King Minos of Pheorsia’s problem.

                It took days to get an answer, and that angered King Minos of Pheorsia. He thought if the servants were wise enough, then they would already have an answer. But the King Minos of Pheorsia already had another arising problem. Again, Florence was threatening to conquer the Kingdom of Pheorsia. The brothers would soon be at war with each other again.

 

                With that, we turn our tail of tales to the doctor of Pheorsia’s capital city, Curderous. Curderous would be considered a small town in today’s world. It was located at the center of the kingdom, Pheorsia.  The doctor was considered the average doctor, but had a very peculiar specialty, Dogs.

Cordioario, the only doctor of Curderous, was having a rough day. He had kept in close contact with the most important person in his world, his impossible love of his life, Partharessa. He had always loved her, and was heartbroken when she got engaged to the King Minos of Pheorsia. Cordioario was the same age as Princess, about to be Queen, Partharessa. Even though it pained him greatly, Cordioario never told anyone of his secret love. Not even Princess Partharessa knew.

When Cordioario went to pursue a medical career, Princess Partharessa told him to set his medical office in the capital, to which he granted gratefully. He had a successful career in the Capital, and was also happy to be close to his love.

Cordioario was working on the Pack Leader Female, Dorotheria, a servant of Princess Partharessa walked in. Sad it wasn’t Partharessa, he answered his usual welcoming sentence.

 

“Hello, welcome to Curderous’ only medical station. I am Doctor Cordioario, how may I help you?”

“I have a request from her highness, Princess Partharessa. Princess Partharessa would like to know if you could talk to her in a quiet, private room in the Palace of Pheorsia.”

Fluttered that the Princess had asked him to come to the Palace of Pheorsia, Cordioario said okay, at 5 at dark, after work. Dorotheria had fully healed, so Doctor Cordioario let her leave the medical station.

During the meeting, it was decided that a law would pass that all the dogs, in and out of Packs, would lose their tails and be placed into a large shed in the Palace’s Parlor. When Pack Leader Female Dorotheria saw the notice on the board, she immediately protested. Her tail was the first to go. Then it was Septermious, the Pack Leader Male, with many to follow. Soon the Shed of Tails was full, and the King was happy. Even if the Kingdom was rebelling, and Dogs raised their voices saying the following over, and over again, King Minos of Pheorsia was happy.

“We have rights! Give us our tails! We have rights! Give us our tails!”
               

Yes, dogs could talk they weren’t animals then. Just sort-of-animals. Just to get that clear. Now get back to the legend now, before I forget my train of thought!

So the dogs were complaining, the kingdom was rebelling. Oh, and to top it all, a war officially broke out between the brothers and their kingdoms. One drummer boy from the Florencian army set fire to the Palace’s Parlor, setting fire to the Shed of Tails. Dogs, knowing with their keen sense of smell, ran, galloped, frolicked over to the shed and grabbed any tail that they can get, and sewing it back onto themselves, with the hurried help of Doctor Cordioario.

Ever since the fire of the Palace’s Parlor, dogs have smelled, sniffed each tail of other dogs to check if it’s their own.

Are you wondering about the characters? Well King Minos was killed by his brother in war. Princess Partharessa wasn’t crowned Queen Partharessa of Pheorsia, but married the doctor, Doctor Cordioario. And of course, It was a Happily Ever After. Until the land sank through the ground, that is…

© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Ignore the grammar. This was fun to write. What do you think?

It's just fiction. I got this idea from a tale my grandfather used to tell me, then mixed it all up and made my own version of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It’s a good story on it on merit, the red and blue contrast kills it dead in the water I didn't find many errors because all I saw was red. Please change back to Black ink. Besides color is too expensive to print for a publisher.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a cute story, I love these little myth stories, especially when they're about animals! Keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Funny and weird. I like it :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


"She did so many charitable work that could be done(omit the that could be done. It's redundant), and treated the Peasants as if they were citizens, not animals." "He had a successful career in the Capital, (no comma) and was also happy to be close to his love." "Yes, dogs could talk(,) they weren't animals then."

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Really funny and amazing.
Cute in a weird way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is very good, Love the descriptiveness...
I also think the imagery is wonderful.
This is done very nicely.
It's cute and clever.
Sometimes I wish dogs could talk it would be easier.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

488 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011

Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing