Dear Congressman (Ted Poe)

Dear Congressman (Ted Poe)

A Story by Some Random Person.
"

For Social Studies, I had to write a letter to Congressman Ted Poe.

"

Representative Ted Poe

430 Cannon Building

Washington, D.C. 200515

 

N. Elizabeth L. Jaco

6902 Worcester Dr.
Spring, TX 77379

 

Dear Congressman Ted Poe,

 

The first think I greatly wish to point out to you is that you really need to quit embellishing your stories about you being a judge in Houston. In case you do not remember, you came to my school, Harmony Science Academy Houston NorthWest. You told us about the fieldtrip that a group of third graders came to the City Hall, and wanted to see the holding cells. You told us that one of the children asked one of the jailbirds “How do I not become like you?” You told us he said, “There are a couple of ways to not become like me. One, don’t do any drugs. Two, don’t get involved with any gangs. Three, don’t drop out of high school.” Now, I am sure that the Jailbird said something along the lines of “Who are you, and Why are you asking me this?” with a couple of swear and cuss words. You also told us more stories, but I will not go into those. Do you really think that we are that gullible? I may be just a silly 8th grade girl, but I do a lot of research. In addition, when you were speaking, certain parts of your speech, you were breathing heavily, and in those parts, you were lying. You definitely fibbed often, didn’t you?

 

Another thing I’d like to point out is that you said in your speech that you didn’t want to cut the teachers pay, but when I checked your voting records, you did indeed vote to cut their pay. For that, I not only dislike your politics, but I think that you’re a disgrace. You prove to the rest of the world that the children of the United States of America are dumb, uneducated blockheads and dumbbells.

 

Thirdly, I wish to point out to you that the fact of the gas prices of the U.S. is rising quickly. Those of us who are below poverty level income can’t soon afford the price to drive a car. Soon, I won’t be able to because of the gas prices. In two years, I won’t be able to drive. How about that for some hard-economy dirty tricks? You’re taking my chance of becoming independent away. I know that the gas companies are your friends, your allies, but please, for the sake of the people, lower the prices so that everyone can drive.

 

Oh, another thing you so-called “Republicans” keep forgetting is that not all taxes are bad. In fact, our taxes actually HELP us. Universal Healthcare is a no-duh in Europe, and many countries are thriving because of it! They also have free college tuition, and it all benefits the people! We call ourselves a Democratic-Republic, but we, as of yet, have a universal healthcare system in place.

 

The fifth and final thing I wish to point out is that you nincompoops of the Republican Party REFUSE to do anything with the Democratic Party. May I also say that by doing this, you’re getting nothing done, therefore, you’re only hurting yourself and others in this Democratic Republic. May I also recommend you not being so racist upon Muslims! I noticed that when you came to our school, you wouldn’t call on any girl who was wearing a scarf to cover her hair on her head.  Yeah, I disagree on your politics, but I stand firm for my friends, and my friends just happen to be Muslims. You “Republicans” call yourselves Christians, but I challenge you with this parting question, Would Jesus approve of your behavior?

 

Sincerely,

N. Elizabeth L. Jaco 8A

© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
I didn't get to get him when he came to my school, but now's my chance. Poe, don't you dare avoid the questions on here.

What did you think of it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very strong and honest letter. I tell people we must check the voting record of our leaders. The big jokes were Bush and Obama. They would change their views to where they were speaking. Both men came to Detroit and promise great things. Detroit got nothing from both men. I like your letter. You make me feel proud to see a strong mind with real visions with me in this world. I hope you get a answer.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"The first think(thing) I greatly wish to point out to you is that you really need to quit embellishing your "

Also, though I agree it is strongly worded, you cannot be taken seriously if you call a congressman a "nincompoop" You have to step above them and refuse name calling by stating pure facts.

Also, did you know fifty people die due to lack of health care to every person who dies in a terrorist attack? I stumbled on that the other day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I LOVE YOU!
YOU ARE MY FREAKING HERO!
This was a strongly worded and written letter. I think he would cower and pretend that he never got it and it got "lost" in the mail. And, I absolutely hate politicians who are freaking racist to Muslims. None of them are terrorists. I'm not! I'm a Muslim and freaking proud!
So, you know what? Send him the letter and see if you get a reply. I would love to see what he wrote back.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very strong and honest letter. I tell people we must check the voting record of our leaders. The big jokes were Bush and Obama. They would change their views to where they were speaking. Both men came to Detroit and promise great things. Detroit got nothing from both men. I like your letter. You make me feel proud to see a strong mind with real visions with me in this world. I hope you get a answer.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2011
Tags: letter

Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Vanessa Rico


Chocolate Eyes Chocolate Eyes

A Poem by Skoo.