Running Away

Running Away

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

I wasn't sure if I should go into the alley, Gertinald still gave me the creeps, and I also saw a shadow in the trees. Somehow, I managed to get in to the thinking that it was a good thing the person was here. I don't know why, or what made me think it, but I was right.

As I turned into the alley, these two dark black figures closed on the other side of the alley, blocking the outside light. Gertinald, came in the alley behind me. Maybe I was the target? Wait, where's Nate, and why am I here? Questions swarmed in my head. I saw the shadow move in the trees. Still, the shadow felt like a friend, not a fiend.

Then, he showed himself. Elijah ran out of the trees, turned, then slashed at Gertinald.

"Elijah! What are you doing here?" I asked him in great surprise. I didn't think he'd come, or heard my silent message.

"You called me out, remember?"

"Yeah, but like an hour ago."

"Yeah, and I've been waiting here for like half an hour. Who am I slashing at?"

"Him? Oh, that's Gertinald. He's the one who tuned me." I replied to his question.

"So why am I the one tackling this guy?" He asked me, I didn't know why he was, which was weird.

"I don't know, why are you?" I challenged him.

"I don't know! Okay, fine! I'll get off him." As soon as he got off, I had to run hard. Why, you may ask. It was all because once Elijah loosened his grip, Gertinald slashed right past him and straight toward me. Boy, was I in some serious furry problem.

"Elizabeth, he blocked your mind signal. He was messing with your brain. That's why you didn't get my reply, did you." He told me as we were running away. 

We were going to circle the city twice, then head home. That way, Gertinald will never find us. We had agreed that we'd look for Nathan in the morning, in the light. 

"What reply? You never replied to me!" I told him.

"Oh yes I did. See, that's my point. He was blocking your thoughts from mine. He was going to do something to you, but I don't know what. I had a very bad feeling about him when I first saw him when you two were walking towards the alleyway." He had a bad feeling about him? What? Was that a double meaning I detected, or just my nerves talking?

"You had a bad feeling? What do you mean?" I asked him out of my curiosity.

He hesitated, trying to find out what to say, I guess. Then he spoke about a minute later. "I don't know, he just didn't seem like he was very nice." Still, I detected a double meaning in those words. Why was I sensing a double meaning?

"Okay..." I said, still wondering what his other meaning behind those chosen words were. 

It was still dark, pitch black, actually. There were barely any street lights, but in the town the size of Siloam Springs, you don't exactly need them because no one drove out this late at night. 

"Alright, this is the last straw. Tell your sister now about you being a werewolf. When we get back to the  house, wake her up and tell her. I don't care what it will cost you or me or her in the future, but she still needs to know. Your brother's missing. Tell her." I told him. He really needed to tell her.

I knew from the beginning that I needed to tell my sister, but convinced myself not to. She was too young, and she still had no idea how painful it would be to become one. She wanted to be one too. If I told her, she'd probably beg me to change her, and I'm not going to risk that.

"I know. Don't remind me. It's just that..." I hesitated, trying to figure out how to put it in words that she'd understand. "She'd ask me to transfer herself into a werewolf. I can't risk that." I hoped that she'd understand that. She did.

"I understand that, but I doubt it would make a difference if you'd wake her up now. She'd be sleepy and won't think strait." She had a point.

"No, I'm not waking her up. She'd hit and kick me first. On something else, ya I'd wake her up this late. But this? No, no chance in that." Did that sound to revealing? To me it sure did.

"Do you want me to wake her up? Because I will." Yep, it did. 

"No, it'd be bad if she'd saw you in the house after my parents are asleep. She'd tell rhem. I'll tell her tomorrow. I promise." I replied. Why did I say I promise? It sounded too gushy for me to ever say that. Elizabeth caught that.

"You promise? Really? Because you always break your promises." Oh yeah. I'd almost forgotten about that. 

"Fine, I DON'T promise. Happy?"

"Not quite. If you don't tell her by the time I see her tomorrow, I'm going to tell her. Okay?" Oh great. Fine, I'd wake her up when we get home.

"Fine, I'll wake her up when get home, alright?"

"Finally you'll tell her. Are you really going to?"

"Yes, I'm tired of you bugging me to, so I'll do it." I probably shouldn't have said that. Just "Yes" would be suffice.

"Good. Now let's circle the town once more, then go home." She told me. 

"That's fine with me." I replied to her.


© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Just so you know, pink, or I guess purple, is Elizabeth. Green, is Elijah's POV... So, did you like it?

@Jessi, to answer your question on the previous chapter, the werewolves aren't like the traditional ones. They can change at their will, but when they first become werewolves, they're a bit uncontrollable. Oh, and is this a bit better?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I will never forget that

Posted 12 Years Ago


Frist of all interesting chapter! Second, of all watch your typos I know I do it too but there is alot .Most of all, PICK A POINT OF VIEW I get how the coloring code point of view might make it "interesting" but its more confuseing. Either do it in thrid person or form the point of view of Elizabeth or Elijah, THE CHICKEN SEXER i will forget that

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought this was a good chapter. I don't like the guy that changed her...he did seem like a creep. I think Elijah might be right. OMG he's going to tell Haylee...ugh. Anyways I can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice chapter. I saw a typo up there. Other than that your good:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very strong chapter. You are create a interesting situation in the story. Hidden emotion and desire will come out soon. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Gertinald slashed right past him and strait(straight) toward me." "I don't know, he just didn't seam (seem) like he was very nice." "He really needed to tell him(I think you meant her)." "She'd be sleepy and won't think strait(straight)." "my parents are asleep. She'd tell him (them?)."

How are Elizabeth and Elijah taking the whole transformation thing so well? They aren't that uncontrollable. And this is much better. I am still going to push your limit though. Try adding in facial expressions. Those tell a lot about a person. That's all I have for now.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

623 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2011
Last Updated on April 15, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing