The Black Crime Bag

The Black Crime Bag

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

We left the house in a hurry and rode quickly out. Haylee was screaming for us to stop. Poor girl, she wasn't very strong and didn't run well. I stopped suddenly, just to make her a bit happy, but she ran straight into me.
"Watch it, will ya?" I told her. She straightened up quickly, and then walked ahead. There, that'll give her some piece of mind. Or at least me. 
Then I caught a slight gust of wind, and smelled something oddly familiar. I started running toward it. When the scent got closer, I realized it led me into a vacant lot with a vacant yard. Apparently, this lot was home to a lot of homeless people. Why? Well, it would be obvious to those of us who aren't! There were rugs, food, blankets, mats... Just about anything you could think of, it was most certainly there. There were a couple of trees in this yard which had a couple of ten-like-areas. That wasn't what caught me though. It was behind this homeless mess, behind the tents, even behind the garage-or the remnants of a garage. I ran right through the mess. When I got to the edge of the old garage, I saw a black body bag. It was long, approximately 5 feet, 10 inches, and kind of wide, about 2.5 feet wide. I was both scared and excited. I wanted to open the bag, but knew that I shouldn't. I need latex gloves, that way, if the police were to find out, and yes, I'd tell them, after we find Nate, they can't point any fingers at me. I need to run to the store really quick... 
"Don't touch anything. Come on, we have to go to the store really quickly. I need to buy some latex gloves." Haylee reached down toward the bag and inched her hand to touch it. "HAYLEE!" I yelled, "I said don't touch anything! Don't touch the bag!"
"Why?" She asked me.
"It's a crime scene bag. That means that if we were to touch it, the authorities would have our fingerprints. Do you want to be framed for murder, or crime scene interferance?" I explained. 
"No." 
"Then I suggest that you don't dare touch anything around here. Now get on your bike and come with us!" Then to Elijah I said, "Come on, we have to go to the store now!" 
We went to the store, and I bought the gloves. I'm glad that I definitely had a job. Man, I didn't know that they'd be so expensive! Then we rode as fast as we could back, and I was the first to open the box of gloves. I felt like I was on N.C.I.S. in a crime scene. It was more than I imagined it, but at the same time, I knew we should leave this project for the authorities, but my curiosity took the better of me. Besides, I really need to find Nathan. It was like it was my destiny. Or maybe it wasn't just a feeling, and it really is my destiny...
_____*_____

So we came back from the store, and Elizabeth started to pull on her latex gloves. I, having no idea of what she was up to, copied her and put on myself a pair. When she finished adjusting the fingertips of the gloves, she started walking toward the bag. Before she reached the bag, she tied her hair up. It was messy, and everywhere, but I knew why she was doing that. "I don't want my hair to be furensic evidence. They can tell who it is by just a piece of hair. Did you know that?" She sure was careful, and I definitely didn't know that piece of detail. I didn't have that problem because, well, isn't it obvious? I'm a boy, I don't like my hair that long. Elizabeth reached her left hand into the right hand's glove and pulled on a bracelet, or what I'd later find out, a scrunci. She handed it over to Haylee and told her to put her hair up, and Haylee grabbed the band out of Elizabeth's hand and put it in her hair a couple of times.

"What's this for?" Haylee asked Lizzy.

"I told you two already. Hair could be used as furensic evidence against us." Elizabeth replied.

"Okay..." Haylee replied to her, obviously puzzled at the idea.

We started toward the bag again, and Elizabeth reached her hand over the bag to find an opening or something. It was like she was a professional at this. Of course, she'd seen it done a million times on TV, so it may be that. She finally found a zipper and pulled the bag open to reveal a face. The face was a horror. It was like a nightmare had come and grabbed me into a game. A nightmare that I could never wake up from. 


© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Okay, so this is a little better. I'm still not sure about the length, but I'll try harder next chapter for a much longer chapter.

Anyways... Did you like it? Did I have any grammar problems?

I know this was mostly monologue...Sorry if it bored you a bit too much. I'm thinking of a much more dialogue next chapter. Please review it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really entertaining chapter. I love forensics...and that's also a good thing that she knew that. I can't wait to read the next chapter. The cliffhanger is killing me...thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's not bad at all. :) My only comlplaint is the horrid pink font. hehe.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A excellent chapter. I like the logic of the characters with the body bags. Using latex gloves and being safe was very wise.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

" Hair could be used as furensic(forensic) evidence against us."

The chapter seemed kind of rushed. Take your time, plus it would give you a longer chapter. And a bum resting home is apparent to just people who aren't bums. I think bums would know where they sleep too :-P Maybe have some needles in the lot too. Put it on all levels of "This is a bad place to be!"

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

584 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 19, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Naomi Roseღ