Chapter Three: Once Upon A Moon

Chapter Three: Once Upon A Moon

A Chapter by Some Random Person.
"

Keep It Up, Why Don't Ya?

"

Elijah was gone for a long time. It took me awhile to realize that before I checked my watch. He’s been gone for more than ten minutes. That was enough time for Haylee to annoyingly grilled me about liking Elijah. Let me make this clear. I do NOT like Elijah, except as a friend. It’s been like that for a while. Now that that’s clear, let’s get back to what was happening in the room.

 

Elijah walked in right after I made my point of not liking Elijah for the millionth time. “Thank God. What took you so long?” I spitted out. I knew that Haylee wouldn’t dare questioning me with Elijah in the room.

 

“What are you talking about? I wasn’t in there drinking water long,” Elijah said.

 

“Yes you were. You were in there drinking water for ten minutes,” I told him.

 

“Well, sorry. It didn’t feel like it.” Elijah replied, and I realized that he was actually listening in on our conversation. I hoped that nothing he heard hurt him.

 

“Oh, fine. Come on, let’s go back into the shade,” I suggested. We were standing in the hot, 100-degree summer sun.

 

“Follow you out,” Elijah replied. I just hope that I am off the hook. I do not want to be asked any questions anymore. I led them to the shade of the large probably 200 years old tree and sat down. I then pulled out my 4th Generation iPod Nano that I loved dearly, and put on Dynamite.

 

“You still listen to that?” Haylee asked me.

 

“No, but it’s the only ‘Pop’ song on this iPod,” I replied.

 

“Oh. Why don’t you have any other ones?” Haylee asked.

 

“Because I don’t like the others,” I said as if it was as plain as day, “Duh.”

 

“What kind of music do you like?” Elijah interjected.

 

“1980s Pop, European New Wave, or just plain Rock,” I replied. “I grew up listening to that stuff, so it just stuck.”

 

“So do you like Michael Jackson?” Gosh, Elijah, you would think I was an old person.

 

“Some of his songs like Thriller and Beet It,” I replied, “But my favorite song is Life Is A Highway, Footloose, or Major Tom.”

 

“Uh…” Haylee replied, “What are those?” I put on Life Is A Highway for her to listen.

 

“This, Haylee, is Life Is A Highway,” I replied, then changed songs to Footloose. “This is Footloose,” I changed in the middle of the song again, changing it to Major Tom. “And this is Major Tom. I think this one is my favorite, but the others are close. I also like Eye of a Tiger, The Noah Plan, The Final Countdown, Terra Titanic, and Don’t Stop Believein’. My favorite bands include Peter Schilling, Journey, Rush, Survivor, and Europe.” I didn’t include some of the others, because there are just too many, including Def Leppard, Queen, Tommy Tutone, R.E.M. and more. Like I said, too many.

 

“Who are they?” Haylee asked. Did their parents ever play any music in that household?

 

“Peter Schilling is the singer of three of my favorite songs: The Noah Plan, Major Tom, and Terra Titanic. Journey is famous for Don’t Stop Believein’. Rush is famous for Tom Sawyer.  Survivor, Eye of a Tiger; Europe, The Final Countdown.” I replied. They’re seriously missing out on some good music. “So what do you listen to?” I asked Haylee and Elijah.

 

“I don’t really listen to music,” Haylee replied, looking down at her feet.

 

“Why not?” I asked, forgetting Elijah was standing there.

 

“Because I don’t,” Haylee looked like she didn’t want to talk about it anymore, so, unlike her, I quit asking her. She got up and went inside.

 

I pulled my hair into a sloppy ponytail and looked around to look for something to do or talk about. I turned off the music, and pulled out my phone and dialed a number and put it on speaker. It rang a few times, and went to the answering machine. Stupid Aisha Khan, answer the phone!  I yelled in my head. I didn’t think Elijah heard me until he looked up at me.

 

Is that who you’re calling again?  He sent me.

 

Yes, you dumbass. I’m bored, that’s who I call.

 

Oh. Right. Back to boredom. Answer your annoying little cell phone, Aisha!

 

__~*@*~__

 

“So how was High School this year?” I asked to break the annoying silence between us all. I was through with it, and now I’ll be going to College in this small town. JBU was my second choice. I really wanted to go to Rice University, but didn’t get in. Last year, when I got the ‘We’re sorry, but you weren’t accepted’ letter, I was moping around the place for a week.

 

“Hard. I had to study too much. I had little time for Baseball.” Not as hard as my classes were. I’d bet fifty dollars that they weren’t as hard as my classes.

 

“Really? Did you do level or AP classes?” I asked. I did the AP classes starting in Freshman year.

 

“Level,” I guessed that before he answered me. AP classes were too hard for him. “AP classes were too hard.” See? I told you. It’s too much for this blonde to understand.

 

“Really? I breezed through mine easily. Except in Algebra and Geometry. Those were the harder classes. Those were my only level classes. Everything else was AP,”I couldn’t help but point it out.

 

“That’s ‘cause you’re too smart. You skipped a grade or two.”

 

“And I was still able to keep up with the grade ahead of my age’s classes,” I said to annoy him. I don’t think it worked that well though, “And I only skipped one grade: Kindergarten,” I said after I thought about it a little more.

 

“Your point,” he asked a little rudely. Maybe I did succeed. I didn’t think that would work though…

 

“My point is that I’m smarter than people think I am,” I replied. I hadn’t thought this far ahead. Shame on me!

 

We sat in silence a little longer. Haylee walked back outside and sat by me. I asked her the same question.

 

“Oh, work, work, work,” was all she replied. “How was your first year as a College Freshman?”


“Challenging, but fun and very interesting,” I replied. I loved college. I was finally free. Free from all the rules and restrictions that parents put on us. I live with my grandmother for now, but that’s only until I get out of this college. Then I’m moving to Colorado or someplace colder. I’ve lived in the heat way too long, and I’m ready to shake it off.

 

“I noticed you didn’t stay around this neighborhood long,” Elijah replied, startling me. I almost forgot he was there. He was sad about something that much I caught on. Only, when I tried to read his mind, he had defenses up. Therefore, he’s had time to fix that. So had I, but I’ve always had my mind locked with a key and a guard on duty at all times.

 

“Yes,” I replied, “I was using most of my time studying and out in the classes I take.” I did nothing else but study hard to learn. I laughed at myself, this last year I was so antisocial, it was so unlike me. Why am I being so studious this year? I was never this studious before.

 

“You?” Haylee asked astonished. “Studious?” She laughed, and so did I. Elijah just cracked a smile. Something’s definitely on his mind. “That’s not possible!” Then she started laughing again. I laughed too, but quickly broke from it.

 

“Why aren’t you laughing, Elijah?” I asked the moping guy. He looked at Haylee and she left again, saying she’s getting some water. Oh no. Not this again.

 

“Elizabeth, I have some things on my mind right now, alright?”

 

“Yes, but you’re being vague. A little more information wouldn’t do you any harm,” I said. Well, it wouldn’t do him any harm, would it?

 

“Maybe, maybe not. It’s just I was thinking about Shelby and Gertinald showing up here the other day,” Elijah replied.

 

“Oh really? And what, might I ask, brought that to your mind?” I asked.

 

“Oh nothing. It just popped into my head for some reason,” he replied. He’s hiding something. I’m sure of it.

 

Is she happy? Floated into my head. Happy? What was that supposed to mean? I got distracted at that floating comment, and didn’t notice a car pulling up into the driveway, nearly running me over. 



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
So.... I'm bored right now...

1. How did you like it?

2. I'm talking to Ayesha right now... Do you want her to answer her phone in the next chapter?

3. Who's your favorite character?

4. I think I'm going to write every other chapter in ELizabeth's POV. Do you want me to do that, or do it randomly?

5. Review? Or I just might ask Elizabeth to jump out of the book, and BITE YOU! :D Nah, but do please review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

1. It was a good chapter. I feel bad for Elijah though.
2. Maybe if she isn't going to be annoying...
3. Elijah and Elizabeth of course.
4. Just do it randomly. It makes it more fun that way.
5. Well written chapter. I can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. Very funny.
2. NO.
3. Haylee
4. RANDOMLY
5. BITE ME. IT'S ON.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


lol well
1. its still going great :)
2. yes
3. elijah
4. randomly
5. this was really great !:)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. Pretty good(:

2. YES! xD

3. Elijah

4. Doesn't matter to me, jst tell me who's POV it is.

5. Sorry, get Elizabeth to bite me xD I'm exhausted right now, but it was a great chapter(:

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Not a boring chapter. I like how you describe location and situation. Just stay on the basic of the story. The who, what, where. WHY and how to the tale. I wish I had your ability to write. You have a strong mind with many good ideals. A very good chapter.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think you should do it a randomly. I like Elizabeth, Haylee is kind of talkative. Wait for another chapter to have her answer the phone. Its good, please keep sending me requests.
There are a few mistakes. "Beet It" is "Beat" and a few others. If you read through slowly, you'll find 'em.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 25, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Japan Japan

A Poem by HorrorMaster


Music Music

A Chapter by Emunah June.