Questionably Questioned...

Questionably Questioned...

A Poem by Chase Dylan
"

Chest-earner...

"
Questionably questioned by the quest-givers
I'm a chest-earner
and I dig deeper to find lines that place my rhymes inside your mind tonight...
I'm a dark dragon seeking a stark mistress on a dime...
No warlock circle to burn on my skin
I am a sin of worthlessness in the lurch of learning magic whips...
I'm a laughingstock as the tablet flips tables of woe
Blows and throes...
I'm not Thor, no hammer and cord...
A zoid, I am moist...
Rejoice that my voice can transform transcribe describe...
Imagine the blight that will rise when they copy my hidden light
this time I'm "ite"...
Divine blind and now I free-grab rewind so the bee-line can define bright lies...
Behind enemy lines my wine is bitter like winter on the back of grime...
Slide your fines in the one-way ticket receiver and bide your brine so the wet can align with the vetting of your soul...
Whole toll is folded...
A paper-heart in a socket wrapped in a pocket
I'm on a rocket ship marked with lips like a dark kiss...
Wish I had no lisp but after today I wish the rips and wasp dips would leave me tossing and turning...
Needing grit...?
 Oh, you wish...

© 2017 Chase Dylan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Powerful and worthwhile words my friend.
"Divine blind and now I free-grab rewind so the bee-line can define bright lies...
Behind enemy lines my wine is bitter like winter on the back of grime..."
The above lines were my favorite. The words hones and direct. My kind of poetry. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Thanks very much, Poetry... The bee-line really IS my favorite, heh... My kind of review...
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
This comment has been deleted by this poetry author.



Reviews

"I am a sin of worthlessness in the lurch of learning magic whips..." That describes me since I've joined this site and learning to not just read poetry but really understand it. I have the proper appreciation for uniquely descriptive phrases, I try to use them myself. "Behind enemy lines my wine is bitter like winter on the back of grime..." beautiful imagery. All your stuff has vivid imagery and I always recognize and acknowledge that. This, like your others, reads smoothly, rhyming in odd but not wrong places...hey! It's poetry! I get it...(see? I'm learning). Good read. See you in class tomorrow?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Wow, Carol... Thank you so very much for this insight... Hey, you get it, haha... Glad to be such a .. read more
You certainly went on one heck of a discovery adventure ..... makes an impact! Amazing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Thanks very much, Heben, your words make an impact....
gosh Doolin your poems are just crazy good !!! there was just so much going on here it was exciting !! i loved it even though the brain dead me has no idea of the theme behind this i just loved the words and rhymes !!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

D'aw, thank you, Pie... You are absolutely not brain-dead... You probably have a clearer vision of w.. read more
Words can't properly describe how deep, amazing, and imaginative this is. :) This will definitely make one check under their bed twice at night. lol

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Hah, and my day is complete upon hearing such a fantastic compliment... Thanks, Raven...
Raven Moonchild

6 Years Ago

And thank you again for sharing your amazing work. :)
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

And thank you again, for thanking me again, hah...
Hey....a powerful write, I must say...I need to learn many things from you.....great work, Silente.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

I appreciate that, Priyanshi... Learn away, aha...
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

Thanks, I shall.
This is a fun bit of doggerel and nonsense, full of assonance and internal rhymes every few syllables. It could do with a couple of more line breaks here and there so ease up on the breaths taken in between thoughts, which at times could go a couple of long lines at a time, and faith! not many people can hold their breath for that long! But that doesn't hurt the fact that this is amazingly written, and the nonsensical word/sound play simply elicits a giggle. Fantastic!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Emi... Means a lot to hear... I usually break things up more, was feeling some longer lin.. read more
emipoemi

6 Years Ago

always happy to help.
Wippeee! I'm on a roller coaster! *cough cough, a poem...* :D
Wow, the fast paced feeling and those special rhymes you've used Silente really have a big impact on the poem!
Well done, keep it up!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

Lol, no problem Silente!
I'm not being sarcastic at all tbh :D
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Lol, then that is a true skill... Your sarcasm is so advanced... You do not even have to try... Haha.. read more
Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

Oh umm, haha :D
Ahhh, this is all mumbo-jumbo...though I really don't get what you write (id be pleased to know the person who actually does understand it) the flow and tempo of the piece binds the reader till the very end...You use some heavy words and sentences, and of course they have a huge impact on the readers.
"A paper-heart in a socket wrapped in a pocket" - loved this line.
Insanely penned! Lol

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Well... You know ONE person, at least... ME...!!! haha... Thanks very much, Zoe... You nearly caught.. read more
Zoya

6 Years Ago

Oh, so you do get it? xD that's good to know lol. You're welcome!
Powerful. I like it........

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

An even more powerful drop in from the nobility of simplicity... Thanks very much, Pi...
A kingly read silente. I esp liked the beginning. Thanks for sharing:-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

A queenly review, Neetha... Thank you
Zephyr

6 Years Ago

My pleasure

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2043 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 14, 2017
Last Updated on June 14, 2017
Tags: Poetry, Dark, Life, Sad, adventure, death, depression, family, fantasy, fiction, hope, horror, love, magic, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story

Author

Chase Dylan
Chase Dylan

Denver, CO



About
Words have me, but I never seem to have words. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I PROMISE I PROMISE

A Poem by CAPOLAVORO