Peter Nolan

Peter Nolan

A Chapter by Domenic Luciani
"

introducing the main character.

"

                Peter Nolan awoke to an enormous bellow of steamboats outside his window. He sat up in bed, first confused as to where he was, but then the tiny one-room apartment came into focus. He groaned in exhaustion and stretched his bare arms out like a cat.

            He crossed the room, past the grime-caked stove, the sofa and collection of newspapers to the window and pushed back the blinds just enough to peer out into the harbor beyond.

            It was Friday, which meant that the fishermen were all hauling in their catch for the markets. It also meant that Peter’s window would remain sealed for the rest of the day, and possibly into tomorrow. God forbid the scent of fresh trout invaded his home and made it smell any worse. Peter already spent most of his time crinkling his nose in disgust at the urine-like aroma that had buried itself in his walls.

            His land lord denied it, but Peter was vaguely sure the previous owner of the apartment had died there.

            Peter scratched at his skin, then returned to his bed and cast the stained sheets over the mattress so that they settled relatively smoothly. Next, he raided his drawers for a clean outfit to wear. Once he had chosen something that looked remotely clean, he threw it on and admired himself in the mirror. Something bothered him though. It had bothered him ever since he had known they were there. He poked halfheartedly at the pair of ivory horns that jutted out a few inches out of his straight dark hair. Peter sighed again, placing a large newsboy hat overtop his head so that the horns were concealed by cheap fabric.

            Set for the morning, Peter Nolan strolled out his apartment, hopped childishly down the stairs and out onto the cobbled streets.



© 2010 Domenic Luciani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pretty good for a short chapter :) I'm glad you described the apartment so much because actually, I think it adds to Peter's own description. Obviously, he's not very tidy. I know that much :) That and he's a Goatman... a slobby Goatman :D Keep it up, I'm reading more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice chapter. I'd like to know more about Peter though. I found out more about his apartment in this chapter than I did Peter himself. Aside from the horns of course. Maybe you're doing it for a reason, I don't know.
Nice write though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Short chapter, but filled with interest for the future. :)
Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sounds like an interesting character who lives in a grimy place. I'm wondering about the ivory horns.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ivory horns . . . yes, that would bother me too. A little more description would be much appreciated, and could increase consumer interest by 20% (Sorry, I'm picking on you today Domenic).

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW his life sucks hardcore,and this chapter was really short. Still i liked the descriptions. I cant wait to see what happens to this poor b*****d

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like main character from this story. nice job

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well written, but I wanted more lol. A little short, this one, but still a fine read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the description of his half-a*s existance so far!

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have a great storytelling ability, which will take you a long way if you decide to publish your work. I definitely look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

519 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2010


Author

Domenic Luciani
Domenic Luciani

Buffalo, NY



About
That is my real name, and that is really me in the picture. Like Patrick says, I'm not in the witness protection program. I mostly write books and stories. I like fantasy, or fiction, but if.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Domenic Luciani


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Domenic Luciani



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by TadKent