Thank You

Thank You

A Poem by Donna

Thank You...

 

 

Naked and alone I stood on the unfamiliar, jagged, precipice of despair.

 

My swollen heart ripped from my chest and placed in my hands. Bleeding and saturated with the stinging salt of disenchantment.

 

Below, a black ocean beckoned with an eerie seductive calm.

 

I turned and saw you standing there bathed in moonlight.

 

You startled me I said,

 I'd like to be alone...

 

No, no, no you said. Look around, this night is far too beautiful for you to be unhappy.

 

It was then that I looked up and noticed the sky alight with the brilliant sparkle of a million stars

 

Glittering diamonds nestled against soft black velvet.

 

The moon, a magnificent glowing opal suspended on an invisible chain.

 

The fervent wind licked my unclothed body as you gently took my heart from my hands, rinsed off the crimson blood, covered it with the soothing salve of your alluring smile and placed it firmly back in my chest.

 

It began to beat.

 

It still works I whispered with a touch of awe.

 

Of course it does, you said. Come on, lets go.

 

With your arm around my shoulders and my head on your chest, we just walked away and I realize now…

 

That I did not glance back once…

 

© 2009 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is nice ,actual wonderful,it carries lots of meanings..
As i stood there on the unfamiliar jagged edge of despair..naked..a black ocean beckoned to me with a seductive calm(this read almost like poetry)
I turned and saw you there in moon light:i would rather be alone ,you said ..and he answers No ,look around at the beauty of the night
its too magical for anyone to be unhappy,there the sky lights with a sparkle of a million stars
The fervent wind touched on my body,as you took my heart from my hand and with your alluring soothing smile ,it healed and you put it back as it began to beat again..this was a wonderful write ,more a poetry than a story..
lovely write ..

Posted 14 Years Ago


lol short and beautiful...just the way I like it. So unlike my work - it's long and rather bloody and I'm not used to leaving off on good note either. I like the imagery in this story of yours. Great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2008
Last Updated on May 10, 2009

Author

Donna
Donna

Palm Desert, CA



About
Hardworking, Extroverted Introvert, Irreverent, Analytical, Undomesticated, Introspective, Optimistic, Occasionally Moody, Uninhibited, Selectively Close, Gregarious, Loveable,Audacious, Multifaceted .. more..

Writing
[untitled] [untitled]

A Story by Donna