Our Heart

Our Heart

A Story by Donna
"

This is a story about an organ donor that was executed and the young girl that received his heart.

"
It was a hot summer day in Austin, Texas as Brian Thomas sits on his bed dripping with sweat. Brian lives with his Mother in a small two bedroom house with no air conditioner.
When Brian was three years old, his Father left and never returned. Brian was a quiet young man of 18 and was working at the mall for three years now.
Brian didn't have any friends. He just went to work and came home. He spent most of his time in his room listening to music.
It was a Monday evening at work when his boss asked him if he could stay late to help clean up? Brian didn't mind at all. He finished cleaning at 11:30pm. He clocked out, then told his boss he was leaving.
He walked through the parking lot that was almost empty, he noticed a pretty girl walking ahead of him. She looked back at Brian, then she walked faster. Brian yelled out to her, "Hey are you ok?" The girl stopped and looked at him. "Yes, I am ok, I'm not used to getting out of work so late."
Brian offered to walk her to her car. When they got to her car, she thanked him as she unlocked the car door. Brian pushed her in the car, put his hand around her mouth and told her to be quiet. He put his hands around her neck as hard as he could. Once she was dead, he started walking home.

In the morning, someone was banging on his front door. Brian woke up to answer, there was police surrounding the house, and guns pointing at Brian.
Brian was arrested for the murder of Nicole Matthews, age 19. He was sentenced to death. Brian didn't realize that his boss left shortly after he did and saw Brian walking away from Nicole's car.

Brian was taken to Texas State Penitentiary in Huntsville, Texas. After serving ten years, he was given an execution date. Brian was sent to the doctor for a routine check up. Brian told the doctor, "I am an organ donor and I want you to make sure that the right people will know this." The doctor told him, no worries Brian, I will make sure."
The next day, Brian was executed.

In a hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas, 17 year old Dana lays in a hospital bed with her parents by her side. Dana needs a heart desperately. She has been waiting so many years and time was running out.

Dr. Black went to talk to Dana's parents. He explained, "I just got off the phone with a prison in Texas, a man was executed and if his heart is a match for Dana, we will do the surgery asap. It is a 50/50 chance it will be a match." Nobody got there hopes up, they just waited.

The next morning, the heart was delivered to the hospital, and it was a match. Dana was so excited, but also very scared.

The operation took 14 hours, and it went well. The next 24 hours will be serious. Dana was resting comfortably.

When Dana woke up, she was very sore, but she was alive. With her therapy, she was getting stronger everyday. Finally, she was released from the hospital to go home.

One day, her parents told Dana that they were going to run a few errands and would be back later. Dana layed on her bed, then she felt strange. She jumped up and was fine. She went outside to the front porch to get some air when she saw her friend Tammy walking by. Tammy said, "Dana, its good to see you." Dana asked her in so they could talk.

About an hour went by when Tammy got up and said, "I better get going Dana."
Dana started to feel strange again, she put her hands around Tammys neck and squeezed till she was dead. Dana heard a voice, "Good job Dana, now get rid of the body now."
Dana dragged the body to the basement and then ran to her room. She thought she was going crazy. Maybe it was the medication.

Dana was walking to school with her friends when she started to feel strange again. She told her friends that she forgot something at home and to go on without her. Dana ran home and there was Karen knocking on her front door. She said, "hi Dana, I wanted to walk to school with you."
Dana said, ok, I just have to go get something." She went in the house and Karen followed her. Dana was feeling very strange and she turned to Karen grabbing her neck and sqeezing, while the voice told her, "Kill her..Kill her now!" She took Karen's body to the basement and then ran to the front door screaming and crying. Her Mother was standing there. "What the hell are you doing at home? You should be in school. What is wrong with you?"
Dana took her Mother to the basement and opened the door. Her Mother screamed.
Dana said over and over again.."Brian did it! Brian did it! Brian did it!

© 2018 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very well written didnt expect all that mystery and adventure but good write. very well done captivating couldnt stop reading.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you Julie!
Great story telling skills here. Had me hooked from beginning to end. It has a fast pace to it, which works well for the concept. Did you do that on purpose?

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Personally, I dont care to read long dragged out stories, I want one that keeps m.. read more
A very bizarre tale told in a creepy & straightforward way. I worry the overall suggestion here is that we might take on the characteristics of a donor this way, which could be a deterrent in the body parts adoption scheme! But putting this concern aside, I will accept your premise & enjoy the imagination that went into your story. Your storytelling is nicely organized & easy to follow, luring the reader along with a good sense of suspense & flow (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Margie, I always appreciate your reviews! Thank you!
Very original. This could easily be made into a movie. Something so innocent and sinister about it at the same time. Great story

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

I appreciate that!
I really enjoyed this. I love how simple it was written. No complicated words...you told the reader what they needed to know and got to the point. I find that hard to do, sometimes. Well done :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!
oh wow, this was a magnificent read. His lust for death was so strong, his heart carried it on through the little girl. I could definitely see this as a twilight zone mini-series or something. Amazing work. I Truly ook forward to more of your work.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2018
Last Updated on April 29, 2018

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..