I Can't Be Loved

I Can't Be Loved

A Poem by Donna

Please don't touch me,
I need my personal space.

Don't stare at me,
It makes me uncomfortable.

Don't push me to open up,
because I won't.

Don't break my heart,
It is already broken.

Don't try to comfort me,
I will push you away.

Don't kiss me,
I will turn away.

and please, don't love me,
I can't be loved.

© 2018 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I find that really heartbreakingly sad, but I know, so many people feel like this across the world. They have been hurt and used and abused. They actually push people away from them. By avoiding friends, close family and being nasty and hurtful sometimes. Just to get rid of them. To protect themselves and push them away more. They think being alone. An island saves them. No one can ever hurt them ever again. But sadly all you do is hurt yourself even more long run. I know. I have been like that in the past. Because I felt unworthy of love, affection or even time. My words to you mean nothing. I get that. I am just speaking the truth from my own heart and how I was personally myself in that same situation. A long time ago. So no offence meant to you or your poem or feelings. Just my own point of view nothing else. ps great poem. really felt your emotions and feelings. Speak volumes to me. And that is why I wrote what I did. Just then above.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I read the pain in your touching and powerful words Donna. I recognize the feelings and the damaged sense of self. You say it honestly, directly and powerfully. When a person has been hurt and abused deeply and often, they feel unlovable. They hide inside of themselves. Only true and selfless love can break through that wall, and I hope that had happened. Your message is deeply moving.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

I truly appreciate your nice review, it means so much to me! ☺
Annette Pisano-Higley

5 Years Ago

I’m so glad to meet you! You are a talented writer with a good heart Donna.:))
Sometimes you just have to learn to love yourself before you can let anyone else in , self confirming phrases repeated again and again out loud : "I am beautiful, and i am a nice person"

Posted 5 Years Ago


sometimes life makes us feel this way

Posted 5 Years Ago


This is heartbreakingly beautiful and sadly relatable... Thank you for sharing this. Well done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Thanks for this wonderful poem Donna and took me into your true self.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading it. I appreciate it.
When an abuser ask forgiveness for the umpteenth time - enough is enough - no one can be loved that way! This is a discerning poignant read tackling important issues - well shared! :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you Phil
we can all be loved, we can't make it happen, but we can let it happen.... a sad little write if ever there was....... Neville

Posted 5 Years Ago


an emotional write and there is that sadness displayed

Posted 5 Years Ago


A powerful write, about someone who is broken and feel no love or believes they can't love... Thank you for sharing this powerful piece with us...

Posted 5 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1070 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2018
Last Updated on May 21, 2018

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Couplet~ Couplet~

A Poem by lightsong


Sirius Sirius

A Poem by Giulia King


Come... Come...

A Poem by emmajoy