Poison

Poison

A Poem by Emily
"

We are not of this world. It poison us...

"
We are not made for this world.
From the moment we are called from the heavenly places to take our place among the mortals, we are absorbing poison. No wonder a newborn babe's first breath draws a shriek of pain from their delicate chests! 

But we learn to adapt. Each breath of acidic fumes forms calluses on our flesh so that we can survive. The venomous air numbs us and consumes our souls with worldliness and small-mindedness as it clouds our minds with forgetfulness of the world to which we truly belong. 

We must struggle to remember. We must fight the passiveness that descends upon us in search of truth, even though every rebellious moment brings blistering pain. 

How hard are you willing to fight for truth? Are you willing to give up the smog of this world for the sweet zephyrs of the next? 

© 2013 Emily


Author's Note

Emily
Please be honest- thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Isn't it amazing how we were created to adapt to harsh circumstances? The human body is a thing of wonder. Of course, it doesn't make us immune to anything. We stand on the edge of extreme fragility, and extreme resilience. After all, humans don't search for habitats, they make them (by force, sadly, in most cases). A very thought provoking piece :)

- Guilt

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am enlightened by the piece.
A little typo may be fixed.
'adabpt'-adapt

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very powerful and honest. I loved it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
i just about believe the very same way as this.
as a writing piece, i felt the second stanza had one or two too many "...ness'es"


Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a clear poem whose message is well understood by the reader. Coming from a religious position it challenges the reader. This is good.

It does lead to editorial comment however... see below.

It is my belief that we are made for this earth. Our lungs, our eyes, our taste buds, our sense of balance, our love for those perfect days prove we are earthlings.

I think our home and hope was sabotaged. This brought an imbalance not only to earth but to the entire universe. Christ gave his life to bring 'all things' back into harmony with the creator. (1 Cor 15:24-26) - This is in fact the sacred secret Paul spoke of...

See what your poem does? :-)



Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Emily

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. That is an interesting perspective! This is definitely a poem rooted in m.. read more
fireblossom

11 Years Ago

I will answer in private.
This is very good...I like the words and how you placed them in this write. It is true that this world is like a poison that so many people get consumed by it. But we must keep fighting for the truth, even if it gets hard it will be worth it in the end.

Good Job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad that you like it. :) I think it will be worth it, too!
Incredible writing. I consider myself a very deep thinker and I place you in the same category after this read. Excellent Emily.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! That means a lot. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on February 7, 2013
Tags: poison, not of this world, smog, christian, fight, poisonous, struggle, breath, respire, prose, world, notwj, heaven, remember, toxic, passive, zephyrs, truth

Author

Emily
Emily

WA



About
"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world." -C.S Lewis I find that I am able to express.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Widow Black Widow

A Poem by Muse