Blue Lovers

Blue Lovers

A Poem by Emily

Surely, the ocean and the sky are the most tragic of lovers, 
Continually longing for the other's embrace and yet impossibly separated for eternity.
The Water reaches for the sky, its ombre fingers extending up to grasp at the dry ones. 
But they never touch.

But in the dark and lonely nights, when the Sky wails because he cannot hold his Bride, the Clouds, his citizens, weep for their King.
And their tears restore his Love below.

In the same way, the Ocean longs for the Sky. But she is more swift of passion and temper than her Groom.
When she misses her Love, she foams with injustice. 
Her waves stretch as high as gravity allows, only to fall short once again.
Her face flushes, and she breathes hotly.
The water evaporates off her boiling skin,
her salty tears bubbling up from the depth of her frustration.

And her vapors float up to her Beloved, the Sky- A Love she can never touch. 

© 2013 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

~this poem has such brilliant-dreamy colors-
such a truly wonderful metaphor-and you
have imagined it so magnificently...Lovely!!!~
~it's a divine poem~

J:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this piece. You write with an archaic tone that really delivers in this poem. I love your descriptions and the hierarchies represented by" king" and "citizens". I definitely feel tones of an epic poem here which you don't see much of these days.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ray
beautiful :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


"..the Clouds, his citizens, weep for their King.". I just love this line.
Fantastic picture for a thoughtful poem, and I like it so! It's a little bit like the stroy of Gaia & Uranus : )

Posted 10 Years Ago


What a clever concept to write about. As I was reading, I was astounded at your descriptions and creativity unfolding with each line. This was one of my favorites from you!

100/100 from me on this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great job! I liked the line: The Water reaches for the sky, its ombre fingers extending up to grasp at the dry ones.
But they never touch.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A nice write . Thank you for sharing ...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013

Author

Emily
Emily

WA



About
"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world." -C.S Lewis I find that I am able to express.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..