Mothers Empty Nest

Mothers Empty Nest

A Poem by DookieSmiles
"

It's the vibe I get from my mother. She seems lost after all what she has known her entire life was raising 4 kids single.

"
Her kids are all grown. She raised on her own. Now she feels lost solo alone. Seems everyday is the same. She tries to find her purpose but nothing ever changes. she sits under a black cloud the sun never shines down. she feels like a rose that never blossomed. Alone and lonely she prays to find someone. she traded her dreams in to raise her kids alone. sacrifice is all she's ever known. depressed she feels. She's had enough. she looks forward to sleep for then she can dream, no more handcuffs. She erases her frown when the family comes around. she feels she has nothing to say. Nothing has changed. Her life's a circle going around and around. She can't break the cycle she's chained, bound. Her eyes are empty. Hearts not beating. She struggles to find her purpose. Needs to find her meaning. She deserves so much more. Don't let her die alone. Is there anyone out there that can help clear the storm.

© 2017 DookieSmiles


Author's Note

DookieSmiles
This is honestly my first "poem" I've ever wrote. I guess my style would be considered free verse? Welcoming all advice

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on January 16, 2017
Last Updated on January 16, 2017
Tags: Sad, lonely, alone, depressed, mom, mother, purpose, meaning

Author

DookieSmiles
DookieSmiles

Kansas City, MO



About
Just a guy with a pen and paper. I'm new to poetry so take it easy on me 🤗 more..

Writing