Why I Chose to Write "When They Come"

Why I Chose to Write "When They Come"

A Story by Donald

If you are anything like me then I'm sure you love a good zombie story. However, it seems that lately every zombie story/movie has followed the same premise. There is a virus, people get infected, blah, blah, and blah. So I thought to myself, "how can I improve on the zombie genre?". The first thing that came to mind was kids. If you look at a almost any zombie movie, or book you will notice that there are almost never any kids to be found. So you have to think to yourself, what the heck happened to all of them? Were they all abducted by aliens or something?
When I thought of this, the idea clicked in my head like a lightbulb coming on for the first time. What if I were to make a zombie book where the majority of the living were children. This would make things much more interesting because children and teenagers especially can be very hard to predict. Children begin to develop their morals around their teens, so what if the world around them were to change completely. Obviously their morals would change right along with it, making for some very interesting character development.
The other change that I believed needed to happen was the idea of walking "dead". Instead I thought that the zombie virus should operate much like the virus from "The Last Of Us" video game. The virus in the game causes people to go insane, and attack people. This seemed like a much more plausible scenario than walking corpses. On top of this I thought, what if the zombies retained enough of their intelligence to be able to use tools and solve problems, perhaps even work together like animals who travel in packs.
I believe that these added features will make for an exciting, and perhaps revolutionary zombie story. I hope that you agree with my assumptions, and if not I would love to hear your criticism as to why. You can read each chapter of my book as I upload them to the site. Please leave a review of each chapter if you have any thoughts or concerns with the writing. Thank you for your support in my quest to make a better zombie story!

© 2013 Donald


Author's Note

Donald
The chapters for my book can be found on my writings page. Feel free to tell me if you find any grammatical faults in the writing that need to be fixed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can't wait for you to write more chapters! The whole idea of the story is so interesting :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Added on July 13, 2013
Last Updated on July 20, 2013
Tags: zombie, book, action, adventure, sci fi, apocalypse, survival, group, teen, team, horror

Author

Donald
Donald

SC



About
I am a young author currently writing a book called "When They Come" which will be available first as an eBook for kindle devices. I ask is for your feedback on the chapters that I upload to this site.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2: "Run" Chapter 2: "Run"

A Chapter by Donald