Chapter 2: Training

Chapter 2: Training

A Chapter by ~Dragon X
"

Felix must adjust to the strict training his Master provides with haste--or face pain. Lots of pain.

"

Felix went to the back door of the little, teeny cottage. It creaked as he turned the metal handle and pulled the door open. Beyond this door was a huge expanse of cleared land, filled with an endless array of obstacle courses, different types of targets, a rack of various weapons, weights, and even an arena, composed of a dirt ground with wooden fencing around it. The place smelled of the fresh forest, and in the distance trees could be seen where the clear plot of land ended; and there began the vast woods the cottage was surrounded by.

Nature was abundant. Birds sung bright morning tunes to one another up high in the skies and treetops. The branches and bushes in the woods rustled as raccoons and squirrels scampered about. The sun was now filtering through the trees it was slowly beginning to rise above.

Felix took in a deep breath and stepped out onto the training grounds. His Master followed right behind him, and the winged ferret flew and perched on Felix’s blond tangle of hair. Master Rose dusted her gauntlet-covered hands. “Alright then. Start the obstacle courses.”

It would be under-exaggerating to say that the training was strict and strenuous. The obstacle courses in the beginning were extremely dangerous and the safety of the actual user was probably never considered in the making of them. There was a bridge composed of a pair of ropes and wooden planks connecting them, but one of the ropes were cut off from the wooden pole it was connected to and so the entire bridge dangled on its side. Felix had to cross it like that, or else face the jagged rocks a dozen or so feet below.

There was also a path with a long wooden beam hanging above it by a tree with animated, large axes that swung from this beam and left crevices in the ground beneath it from the sharp axes' edges. They swooped down and back with big, fast motions, and if Felix wasn't fast enough he'd get butchered quite a bit.

Another obstacle in the course was a precharious, tall wall meant for climbing with very little areas to actually grip; and the ones he could grab hold of were often very unstable and even broke off of the wall. If he lost grip and fell, there was a very unfriendly stone ground just waiting to break his bones.

These and many more obstacles were set for Felix to traverse through, while being "urged" on by his Master. Often in intimidating tones. And words. And a mace. Occasionally, the order of these obstacles are changed, and sometimes even new ones are added.

At the moment, Felix was not very athletic, and his wounds also contributed to slowing him down. "Take it easy today," his Master told him, although about a third way through the obstacle course Felix began to doubt that she intended to cut him some slack by even a sliver.

"You have five minutes!" Master Rose barked at him before he began, no sign of said "easiness" in her tone. In fact, this time limit was thirty seconds less than yesterday's. Whenever Felix slowed down or took more care in getting through the obstacles, Master Rose bellowed and threatened to whack him with a staff or mace if he didn't do better; and sometimes she actually did it, if he didn't pick up the pace.

After the obstacle courses was the physical training itself. Felix acted on his Master's orders and was pushed pretty hard by his Master to do sit-ups, push-ups, weight-lifting, distance running, sprints, and other various forms of exercise. Felix also went through stretches, working to improve his flexibility as well, with reaches and different yoga positions. Felix was pretty bony and scrawny--and he couldn't even touch his toes, let alone make a bridge.

After this, Master and pupil stopped for lunch. Felix cooked whatever food the Master asked, even if he didn't know how to make it. The quality of the food was pretty much the same as the eggs in the morning--either under-cooked or over-cooked, and had too little or too much of one or some ingredients. After all, Felix never cooked for himself or someone else before meeting Master Rose. He always had someone else do it for him...

After lunch was weapons. Felix focused mainly on a wooden practice sword, as he found it easiest to use a simple sword than any other weapon Master Rose had. This didn't require as much labor as the first two sessions, however it still required a lot of accuracy, precision, agility, and strength, all of which Felix didn't really have at the time.

The last type of training done for the day was magic. Master Rose only recently introduced this platform, so Felix was given very simple things to do, such as levitating a pebble in his hand or igniting a little twig. Felix had a better time doing this, since he taught himself a few magic tricks to entertain and impress those he knew when he was younger.

After this was dinner. By this time, Felix was about ready to flop on his bed and fall dead asleep. However, his Master demanded a meal for dinner, and so Felix slipped on his heavily stained apron and set out to cook the last meal of the day. Dinner was the only time of day the two actually held normal conversation; or at least, close to it.

For dinner, Felix had prepared for his Master burnt mushroom soup. He didn't like the taste of his burnt cooking at all, however Master Rose's simple intimidating gaze pressured Felix into chowing down. 

"You need to improve faster," Master Rose said bluntly as she watched him eat.

Felix looked down. "I'm sorry...I'm really trying...I never ever had to do stuff like this back at home..."

"No complaining." Master Rose's eyelids drooped in impatience.

Aarwing snuck a mushroom from Felix's soup like a raccoon, then stuffed it in his mouth before Felix could react.

"Master," Felix asked, not minding Aarwing all that much, "why don't I feel hungry anymore?"

Master Rose cocked her head slightly, then drummed her fingers on the table. "Oh, it's just a demonic trait...You will no longer die of starvation, thirst, disease, or suffocation. Being half-demon makes you similiar to undead."

Felix wanted to smile, but held it back in case Master Rose wanted to scold him for some reason because of this. ...That doesn't sound too bad....does that mean I'm like...immortal?

Master Rose raised an eyebrow. "However," she continued, "you can be killed by holy weapons, and people like me." She smirked. "Just wait till you see how demons and halves die..." She said, as if she were speaking of an embarrassing photo of some third person and passing it around.

Felix blinked.

Everything stung. He couldn't keep his body up. It was so dark and silent just a moment ago. He couldn't even see the blood on his hands--now they glinted so awfully--evilly--from a blinding light piercing everything within and around him. He couldn't see anything anymore--couldn't see the divine figure before him, raising a great sword that mimicked the very sun in brightness, clad in impenetrable titanium armor glinting and gleaming by this sun.

He was so confused. So terrified. Why was something that should be so glorified seem like a nightmare? Who was the nightmare? What was the nightmare? Him or her?

Felix squeezed his eyes shut and resumed his soup.

After cleaning up after his Master, he was dismissed into his room. He slipped on some pajamas and Aarwing zipped after him. After bidding her pupil good night, Master Rose shut the door to Felix's room, and locked it--to make sure no one gets in, and no one gets out.

Felix sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Good night, Aarwing..."

"Eep!" Aarwing squeaked in response, licking Felix's cheek before diving into Felix's bundle of blankets. Felix lay on the bed and closed his eyes. "Let's hope I'm no longer the nightmare..." Felix mumbled to himself before drifting off into sleep.



© 2012 ~Dragon X


Author's Note

~Dragon X
I had to finish this chapter kind of quickly because I was being booted off of the computer...sorry if it's not perfect...I went back and fixed what I could, but I'm worried there's still something else...^^'

Btw, the italics are a flashback, not just imagination, in case you didn't know...XD...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm getting the feeling Felix is half demon, half mortal. That. Is. So. Awesome. Well, not sure if it's true yet but...
THIS IS JUST REALLY SPECTACULAR! I love it! The paragraph spacing/font is a bit different. Try starting a new paragraph for every time a person speaks?

I'm really lovin' this!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jasmine Thousand

11 Years Ago

:P I might be a bit biased here. See, Ciel doesn't like Sebby, because Sebby keeps showing him up an.. read more
~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

I see....XD I did hear that your favorite character In Black Butler is Ciel, after all....^^'
.. read more
Jasmine Thousand

11 Years Ago

XD No, Ciel's my ALL TIME FAVORITE CHARACTER EVAH.

O.O That. Sounds. So. Awesome. I'm g.. read more
Wow, Dragon, WoW!
LoVe this chapter!


Posted 11 Years Ago


~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Breeze! ^^
Summer'sBreeze

11 Years Ago

Seriously I love it!!!!!!!
~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

XD I'm really touched, Thank you so much :3 I'm so glad you enjoyed it ^^
Wow, so much detail. I love it. I feel so bad for Felix. The training was a lot harsher than I imagined back in Chapter one, but it was very well writen. And you have me curious about just exactly who Felix is now. I can't wait to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review, Rider! :D I'm really glad you enjoyed this...^^ I will get to wor.. read more
~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

I think Rider means feel...XD
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

Yes, I meant feel. XD It was late when I typed this review, so blame that for bad spelling.
An.. read more
Wow! Pretty good. Felix's training sounds....scary to say the least. I wonder how he's going through all of it with a injured hand.
I think you should expand on at least one of the exercises.... like describe him as he practices with the sword... make him lose or win against Master Rose or something like that.. just a little more expansion.

Anyways, I loved this! Can't wait for the next chapter for when I'm back! And so sorry, I forgot to review it last night.
Now then I must be off, as I'm not supposed to be here right now. See ya!

Posted 11 Years Ago


~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

It isn't that easy..XD It's a good thing his dominant hand isn't injured. :p

I was th.. read more
Amazin! I gotta get back and read chApter 1 though XD

And isn't it "You will no longer die of starvation, thirst, disease, or suffocation." Instead of "You no longer die of starvation, thirst, disease, or suffocation."? Just wondering

Great chapter though!
Now, if you will excuse me, I will need to go back and review your 1st chapter if I haven't already XP


Posted 11 Years Ago


~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Hidden! :D Fixed~
Forever Hidden

11 Years Ago

Ahnytime!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012
Tags: Demon, Paladin, knight, fantasy, magic, dark, darknses, light, power, training, sword, swords, weapons


Author

~Dragon X
~Dragon X

Riding Dragons, OH



About
hi I'm basically a ghost here now I show up once in a blue moon I'm all over this nifty lil place called wattpad now, but my writing still sucks so don't go there body, a, a:hover { cursor:url.. more..

Writing
The Reason The Reason

A Poem by ~Dragon X



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 9: Taka Chapter 9: Taka

A Chapter by ~Dragon X