A short

A short

A Story by The Ugly Rose

The sweet, fat drops of Summer's rain pelted the leaves of the great oak above us. The perfume of the moist flowers assailed our nostrils. His hair was soaked through, but the bliss in his stunning eyes had not faded. Those perfect lips briefly touch hers, awakening passion in the depths of her belly.

"You know I'll never leave you right?" A smile tugs at the corners of his delicious mouth. Oh, if only he could bring those lips to once again touch hers.

"I know," she replies. She laves her fingers through his hair, pulling him closer. A fury of passionate kisses follow as the lightning and rain grow more ferocious.

               *          *           *  
"And so, the Lord brings home another angel."

Damn the lord and his selfish wishes. The unforgiving ground encases the cheap coffin. Her sopping hair frames her face, cascading down. Mourners begin the trek back to their cars,leaving her alone. The chilling rain howls around her body, soaking through her clothes. Carefully, she climbs down into the shallow grave. The lid lifts easily, allowing the rain to pelt his stiff body. Those lips are still perfect, still luscious. Those arms are still comforting. She crawls into those arms, breathing in his familiar scent. Her warm, sloppy tears join the rain in its journey to the earth. She holds him closer, trying to remember his touch. Another burst of lightning causes her to look up into the storm.

She whispers, "I'm coming with you."

© 2010 The Ugly Rose


Author's Note

The Ugly Rose
A short life, lost. Please review :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

LOVE

A very vidid picture. You use the perfect amount of words. I will try to follow in your footsteps to stop my over-writing madness. The only thing I'd say is that "A fury of passionate kisses follow" felt a bit awkward to me, just awkward wording. I think saying "Followed by a fury of passionate kisses" sounds a bit more fluent, but that's really all I can see that is wrong with this.

Terrific :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

LOVE

A very vidid picture. You use the perfect amount of words. I will try to follow in your footsteps to stop my over-writing madness. The only thing I'd say is that "A fury of passionate kisses follow" felt a bit awkward to me, just awkward wording. I think saying "Followed by a fury of passionate kisses" sounds a bit more fluent, but that's really all I can see that is wrong with this.

Terrific :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 24, 2010
Last Updated on January 24, 2010

Author

The Ugly Rose
The Ugly Rose

Calgary, Canada



About
* I love it when you rate my work, not just review it :P* Nearly all my work has spelling errors because my keyboard often misses keys that I press * **If you would like to quote my work, or use it.. more..

Writing
Dream Dream

A Poem by The Ugly Rose