The Fallen Blade Chapter 3

The Fallen Blade Chapter 3

A Story by Zac
"

Surprises

"

They ventured forth into the unknown world that would soon bring an unwanted toll on all of them

“Sir, the men were wondering if you actually knew what you are doing, is there anything you want me to say to them?” asked Dregger

“Yes, tell them if any of them doubt my authority they can pack up and go back home.” Replied Otis angrily

As the men travelled they came across and challenge.

“It appears that there is an obstacle in our midst, it appears to be some kind of rhyme. It says;

“Walk within,

But beware,

Or something might give you a scare,

Do not be alarmed,

You will only be harmed.”

“Be on the lookout for something suspicious!” Yelled Dregger

Many of the men stood frozen in fear, but as they realized there was not threat they walked forward, right into their downfall. All of a sudden a Creature rose from the ground and stood there with blood red eyes looking towards its intruder. It was a creature no man has ever escaped. The men were done for. The creature slaughtered many men until it came to Prince Otis and Dregger. Their battle strategy was rusty, but very effective. They hacked and slashed until there was no more strength left in them. They were disarmed and done for. That is when a cloaked man came and cut one of its whickers, sending it yelping away. Then they realized their rescuer, it was Nicolas Archer.

 “They have very sensitive whiskers.” Said Nicolas

“How did you find us?” said Otis still stunned with disbelief.

“I go here and there.” Replied Nicolas “But the real question is what are you doing here?”

“We were looking for you, so that you could help us defeat the Ogbeast.”

“The Ogbeast? You must be one desperate soul like the many others who have tried to defeat the Ogbeast.”

“Wait… there have been others?”

“Yes lots, big ones, small ones, you name it. But what do you need my help for exactly.” Replied Nicolas

“Well, we need to get to work.”

“I know its weaknesses but that is not the easy part. The easy part is getting real close to it so that you can slice its head.” This is a magical creature. It cannot be killed with any sword. I have the sword you need and you can have it only if you give me my freedom back as a free man.”

“You may start a new life again if you promise that you will try and help us to defeat the Ogbeast.”

“Your word is my command.” Said Dregger.

So the men started going to go to the Ogbeast. A couple days later they met the Ogbeast, except it had grown, how? They were all stricken with fear as the beast towered over everything.

They fought the beast with all their courage and all their might. All seemed hopeless until Nicolas flanked the huge beast, came near, and just before he could slay it he was slain by the Ogbeast. The battle was lost. Beaten by the Ogbeast Otis prepared to face Death itself straight in the face. But that is when it happened. Dregger picked up the sword and just before he was slaughtered the Ogbeast took Deaths toll instead of Otis. The battle was won.

“Well, that was much unexpected.” Said Otis grieving over the death of a long lost friend.

“Sir, we must get to the castle to reassure the rest of the people that the kingdom is safe now.” Said Dregger

“But first we must give him a proper burial. I will not just let him lie there.”

“I understand sir, but we need to make it quick, who knows what other dangers are in this forest.” Said Dregger.

So the men buried not just a solider but also a friend. Then they headed back to the castle not only to find happiness and peace, but instead they found fire and destruction. 

© 2015 Zac


Author's Note

Zac
Please comment below

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on April 10, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015

Author

Zac
Zac

Rocky View, Alberta, Canada



About
My preferred writing is Poetry. My hobbies are writing and sports. I am 14 and I hope to get better at writing. more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Poem by Zac


Memories Memories

A Poem by Zac